Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM   #11
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
hehe I know what you mean... rermember the Brothers trial in Bakersfield? Actually it may still be going on... the guy that went crazy and killed his entire family... Yeah, that was my junior high vice principle.

Oh man. I bet people were talking to you about it left and right!
My sister had once had Lacy for a substitute teacher so after it happened she was talking about it as if she was best friends with her. Geesh, you saw her once and your class was only for an hour (not to belittle the value of her life, that's not what I mean!).
But this is also the same sister I wrote about in blog who currently knows everything there is to know about food so there ya go LOL

/hijack
ETA: clarification
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM   #12
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

sisters... Luckily, mine is not only smarter than me, but modest about it.

I have been thinking of doing a cleanse... but Im not sure how to go about it. I know theres a million systems you can go on but I dont really want to spend the money that most of them want. But Im also hypoglycemic and Im not sure how many of them would be ok. Ive heard such great things about how much better they make you feel, and I think it would be good because I know part of my health problems (ok maybe most of them) are cause by things like stress and fatigue.

Anyone?? I know were not the only two trying to get in shape!!
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #13
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

LOL I hope not! And I've never cleansed, so can't really help ya. I have a few friends that talk about, so I can assume they've done so but I certainly don't have first hand experience with it.

I cleanse with a mantra and some method spray LOL
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM   #14
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Ive also been trying to meditate more and use aromatherapy and stuff... "hippy crap" as DBF likes to call it

Going for walks outdoors is very calming, but I really dont have the chance to meditate often. Im one of those people that has to try it at just the right time or it doesnt work. Im always so stressed I have trouble focusing enough for it to really do much for me, and its difficult to find quiet mommy time with 2 4 year olds in the house.

Aromatherapy helps me relax, but it gets pricey (or maybe I just dont know how to do it right! )

And I find that often times, even if I can get myself back to a calm state of mind temoprarily, I must return to the real world too soon and then it all comes back again.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:47 PM   #15
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Make sure DBF is home with the kids, lock yourself in the bathroom with some scented candles (or, if you want cheap, get a tart burner and some fragrance, about $15 start up cost but GEEZ the stuff lasts forever!) and take a nice bath. Maybe some music! :}

But the idea is to not be bothered so make sure the lil tykes pee BEFORE you get in lol

Yes, reality comes back...but it's a nice half an hour while I visit LaLa Land :}
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #16
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

DBF wont watch my kid. Our daughters are a month apart and they are at each others throats constantly. I think its stressed us both out to the point where we want nothing to do with each others children, lol. But were hardly ever home together anyways, so it would be hard for me to find an opportunity to make him watch them.

Plus, I do believe it would start a riot if I took up the bathroom for an hour. With three kids in the house, someone always has to pee, or take medicine, or brush their hair, or take a bath. And theres no lock on the door. Ugh, I need to get that fixed.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM   #17
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
Plus, I do believe it would start a riot if I took up the bathroom for an hour. With three kids in the house, someone always has to pee, or take medicine, or brush their hair, or take a bath. And theres no lock on the door. Ugh, I need to get that fixed.

Time to build yourself a secret annex! *I'm only half joking :P*
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #18
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

How was everyones weekend? *Pokes Happylynngilmer* Everyone means you!
We all the sudden had a cold snap which was weird after all the heat the last two weeks. It was pouring rain for a while on Sunday. So, I didnt really get out of the house as much as I wanted to. No long walks. I did make myself do my stretches in the mornings still, but thats about it.

DBF haas been sick for a few weeks and DD was sick yesterday so I didnt go for my night walks at all like I was hoping too.

Did sneak in an aromatherapy bath though... DBF took his kids out for a while on Friday and I put a movie on for DD and lit some candles and just relaxed. It helped slow my racing heart A LOT.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #19
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
Did sneak in an aromatherapy bath though... DBF took his kids out for a while on Friday and I put a movie on for DD and lit some candles and just relaxed. It helped slow my racing heart A LOT.

Oh, good to hear! YAY! But BOO that DD was sick. (Is she feeling better?)

Weekend was ok. Got to watch some movies, read a book, ate pretty healthy (making thread relevant LOL). We got some work done on our teeth on Saturday (while it was pouring rain here), but I feel so much better! I had a hole in between my two front teeth and people used to tell me I had food in my teeth ALL.THE.TIME.
No. I dont.
Yes, you do-right here *points*
No, I don't.
Really.
Nope. Thanks anyways. :/

DH got three root canals the poor guy! So that is why we basically relaxed all weekend. :}

ETA: *pokes back* heh heh I'm a poker :P
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #20
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Oh I dont think it matters any more if the thread is relevant lol. We might as well be PMing each other with all the activity going on here.

Ive been having a lot of work done on my teeth, too. It sucks because it costs so much with me having no insurance and having to drive 50 miles one way to the dentist (ouch when driving an SUV!) but it does need to be done.

Ummm relevance, relevance... Everyone seems to be sick exept me, so I must be doing something right! DD is feeling fine this morning, just a 24 hour bug or something. Maybe she ate something that didnt agree with her, though I cant imagine what.

I think all the stress busting techniques are helping. I had a fairly stressful weekend but I feel better now (panic attack wise) than I did last week, and there wasnt much reason for it then.