Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #161
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Dragon
<peering over edge of glasses>,

Hey, who you callin' O?!?

Sartinly not you yung'un. Now be a nice young thing, and get your old friend a nice drink, woodcha???
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #162
Wind Dragon
Radiant Beauty

Hah! I seeeee you.
Wind Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #163
LaurenS11
Untouched Beauty

I have been doing a circuit training routine for the past few weeks, and I totally love it. Anyone else do circuit training?
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #164
Wind Dragon
Radiant Beauty

Hi LaurenS11, not up to circuit training just yet, but that may be where I end up taking things. DH and I found a home gym on Craigslist at a price we couldn't pass up, and I've actually worked in a few decent workouts in the week we've had the thing. I know I need strength training and cardio if I'm going to get anywhere (am in pretty pitiful shape.) Combining the two in the same session makes perfect sense to me.

Looks like it's been a few more weeks now, how's it's going for you?
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #165
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Hmm, I sometimes think that when I just recently had to replace my recumbent bike, I should have gone for something more like what you have, Wind Dragon. At the time, I figured I get a fair amount of upper body strength training at work, but now I'm thinking I maybe should have considered it more. Then I comfort myself with the realization that actually using the equipment and getting the exercise is more important than letting my brain natter endlessly with what about.....
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #166
Wind Dragon
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raederle
Then I comfort myself with the realization that actually using the equipment and getting the exercise is more important than letting my brain natter endlessly with what about.....

LOL, I know, I meant to work in a workout yesterday and um, never got a round TUIT (had one years ago, but that's another story . . . . )

I'm just the opposite, have quite a bit of strength in my hips and legs but jelly from the tummy up. Apparently it's only the muscles involved in walking and vertical weight-bearing that are in good shape, though. On some of the leg exercises on this thing, I max out on no weights -- just what weight there is in the pulley system and top stabilizer. 'Snuts.

This was our best compromise for the whole family. Littlest DS has been sneaking up on puberty for quite a while now (and heavens help us, he's only twelve!) and is physically just about where he might be able to muscle up a little in preparation for next football season. We'd been talking about getting him a weight set, but you know, limited space and money and all that (anything we could have put in his room definitely wouldn't get any use from us.) It's a lightweight system, and hubs and DS will outgrow the thing's capabilites even if we expand it the little bit that's possible (to 140 lbs plus system weight, I think, currently at 90,) but it'll be all I'll ever need.

Yeah I know, I won't even need half of it if I don't get my butt in gear a little more often. Which means getting off the computer s'more, yeah, yeah . . .
Old May 6th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #167
anneymois
Untouched Beauty

Cool

hello everyone i am anney 20 years old from us. I am new this site
I am obese, and I really want to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight. I am 5' 11" and I weigh 224 pounds, but I want to get to 135 pounds. Most of all, I want to do that in such a way that I will be able to get in great shape, and not lose weight to quickly or in an unhealthy manner.

I already know the basics, like drink a lot of water, eat well, and excercise. My question for you is do you have any tips that can help me excercise effectively, especially getting started because I am really out of shape and I don't have much time. It would be extra helpful if you have personal experience. Thank you in advance.

anney
anneymois is offline   Reply With Quote