Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #1
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Cheesy Getting Healthy

TBB needs more discussion!

Everyone tell me what your fitness/health habits are- the best foods, drinks, excersizes, whatever!

Share your fitness secrets!
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #2
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

For not getting sick, green tea has worked wonders for me. I was sick nonstop from about August till January, then I started drinking 2 cups of green tea every morning and I havent been ill a day since.

Meditating is a great way to calm and relax yourself, but if anyone has any ways to energize yourself, please share! I constantly fight fatigue, especially in the morning.

I have been doing a simple stretching routine every morning consisting of just basic stretches, squats, lunges, and a few jumping jacks to help me wake up and get moving. I dont think its enough to help me tone up any, but I simply dont have time to do a full blown excersize routine. I know Im not the only one, so how do you guys find time to stay fit?
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #3
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

Dancing. It's fun and doesn't feel like exercise, but it is. I don't mean just dancing around like a goofball (though that is better than nothing at all lol) but I have a couple dvd's that contain dance routines that were designed to be fun workouts.

One of them is just a straight up 50 minute dance routine. (Go ahead and get ready to laugh... it's Paula Abdul's "Get Up And Dance!" - I used to do this one when I was about 14-17, and decided it would probably still be fun now that I'm grown up. And it is.)

The other is 3 dance routines and two toning routines. I prefer the one with 3 dances and 2 toning exercises - because each routine is just 10 minutes long. (10 Minute Solutions "Dance It Off And Tone It Up".) The dvd also has a setup where you can choose a custom workout from the routines; you can do however many of the five you'd like, in any order you want. All of them, just one of them, whatever.

It does take a while to learn the moves, and you get a better workout from it once you know the moves than when you're flailing around just trying to keep up. But once you get the moves down, it's a fun workout and you can really feel it working. They leave me feeling energized and great all day long.

I also try to walk a lot if the weather permits; but I have issues about going out to walk by myself so I really don't do that too much or go far when I do. I have a dog that needs to be taken out a few times a day so I do get several small walks in every day which is better than nothing I suppose.
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #4
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Ooh that is a great idea! Maybe I will check into some dancing videos!

I also try to walk, and its pretty easy in my area because it is a completely deserted mountain area with no one else around! I try to get up early and take a walk with DD in the mornings but like I said... the fatigue in the mornings is aweful. I was really good about it last fall, but then it got too cold, and now I just cant make myself do it. I keep vowing I will, and I swear it will happen soon!

ETA: I have also considered joining a karate class. There is actually a (very small) karate studio here. I cant see myself going to the gym but I think I could make myself do karate. Its just a matter of calling to find out how much it costs (yikes!) and hopefully they have some times available that dont fall during my work hours.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #5
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

I don't do much specifically because I eat pretty healthy, and I walk the dog everyday. I also do yoga 2 or 3 times a week at home (I practiced for three years at a studio, but it's too expensive and I know all the routines by heart LOL).
I try to run on the treadmill on Saturdays at my apartment complex. They are only open during the hours I work and closed on Sundays :/ I used to run everyday they were open, until I got this new job. But sometimes I plan things on Saturdays and don't get to go, like this Saturday.
I felt so good when I was running everyday, too. I walk the dog, but it's just not the same. He can't go long distances, hehehe.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #6
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

My sister and I used to go jogging about 3 times a week. We would walk from her house to the park, then jog around or play ball or whatever for an hour or two, then walk back, which is about a mile uphill. I felt great when we were doing that, but she lives about 10 miles away, so I cant really drive there too often with gas prices the way they are, and shes also pregnant now and isnt into jogging in the lovely California heat wave were experiencing
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #7
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

But we're back "down to 87F" in Modesto ROFL! It sure beats 105F, but I still don't consider it "cool" hehehe.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #8
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

Ahhh Modesto... I didnt know where Ralston was but Ive been to Modesto. I decided to just keep driving after a Tool concert in Fresno and went to Modesto to see a friend of mine. That was in... August? I think, and even though we were there at like 3 in the morning it was still miserable.

Were about the same though, we were around 100 now its cooled back down to around 90.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:26 AM   #9
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Yea, Ralston is just a nickname for Modesto. During the whole Peterson trial I decided I wasn't going to advertise where I'm from cause I was getting some emails from people on various sites asking my opinions on the matter. Seems that's all we're known for these days...what happened to being known for George Lucas, James Marsters, "5 points" and American Graffiti?
So I changed my location everywhere to "Ralston" and stopped getting asked ridiculous crap LOL
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:32 PM   #10
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

hehe I know what you mean... rermember the Brothers trial in Bakersfield? Actually it may still be going on... the guy that went crazy and killed his entire family... Yeah, that was my junior high vice principle.

Anyways... back on subject

DD and I went for a nice long walk yesterday up the mountain. The weather was perfect, we climbed up to a spot we like to go where there are some big rocks and I sat on one of the bigger ones for a while and just looked out over the trees. It was perfect. So calming and relaxing, and a good workout to get there too.

I set my alarm for half an hour earlier than usual this morning thinking we would get up and go for another walk, but you know how it trying to drag yourself out of bed in the morning... and DD is worse than me! So I got up at the normal 6:30. But we got ready pretty quickly and still went for a short walk before we left to get her to school.