Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #21
Starr
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
GADS! Someone loan me $50 so I can buy some Teamine!

I would lend you the money, but I'm flat broke.
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #22
lilly2
Banned

Default RE:Dark circle treatments

best cure is a good night sleep.... from these ur not geeting well than please refer to some doctor he may solve ur problem...

Off-topic link removed AGAIN.

Last edited by kimberlily : July 30th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.
lilly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #23
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I sleep well every night, thank you very much.
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #24
kat
Untouched Beauty

Ooh! I've been lurking here the past few weeks and this thread finally made me join up

I'm part of the don't-know-what-I'd-looklike-without-'em dark circles club; they've always been there, and until recently I figured they always would be too - I'd accepted that fact.

I started using straight Jojoba oil around my eyes before bed about 2 months ago - at the time I just wanted a bit of moisture to maybe prevent some wrinkles. However, the big bonus has been that the dark circles are significantly reduced! They haven't disappeared completely, but now look like light shadows rather than heavy bruising.

Funny: the morning after I did this for the first time, my flatmate (who I've lived with for 2 years) said "in the entire time I've known you, this is the first time you look like you've had enough sleep"! LOL. And I sleep just fine normally.

Ok. End massive rave. But I'd be interested to know if this has worked for anyone else?

Last edited by kat : October 11th, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #25
ann_english
Untouched Beauty

I have some tips for removing dark circles from eyes i hope that will work for you too. Massage your eyes regularly. Take your ring finger and start at the corner of the eye, then push down with very gentle pressure a few times. Then using your middle finger as well, move your fingers from the inside corner of your eye to the outside corner, traveling along the dark circle beneath your eye. Put gentle pressure on the dark circle area with your middle finger.
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #26
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

I have had dark circles my entire life. They are hereditary. No matter what I do, I will always have dark circles. I've tried everything and nothing works... Except to cover them up with makeup and then that isn't really fixing them anyways. Oh well. I try to embrace my look and not worry about it too much anymore. For the record I get plenty of sleep every night, I'm not anemic or sick or any of that nonsense people always ask me about! Haha
MrsGuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #27
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

My dark circles arent too bad but my puffiness is horrible and the puffiness makes my dark circles look worse. And, like you, all the sleep in the world doesnt matter. But get this-the more sleep I get the puffier my eyes are. When I finally figure out how to put pictures on here I will actually take a picture of my eyes when I wake up in the morning-you will be shocked. And if I happened to have cried at all during the day my eyes will be 10 times worse the next morning.

Preperation H does help. The swelling is always there but it gets worse during spring and fall. Which Im pretty sure its allergy related but even when my eyes are at their best they are not normal.

I sure hope if anyone comes across anything that helps both my problems they post it here!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #28
AutumnFalls
Sparkling Beauty

I too have dark circles. I haven't really tried much to lessen them, but I have heard that putting black tea bags on your eyes helps.
AutumnFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #29
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnFalls
I too have dark circles. I haven't really tried much to lessen them, but I have heard that putting black tea bags on your eyes helps.

Autmn falls-thanks for posting the black tea bag idea! I hate drinking tea but I do black tea hair rinses so I have the tea bags on hand. Im going to try this later on once Im settled in my pj's. Even if it helps a little its better than nothing.
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #30
Ishje
Untouched Beauty

I also have dark shadows, something I notice is that the skin under my eyes seems completely different than the rest of the skin on my face.

it seems to be thinner, almost transparent in a weird sort of way.
it is not as firm as the skin on other parts of my face.
do any of the people with under eye circles recognize this?
I have been thinking that maybe if the skin gets more firm the black will go away but I am not sure if that will actually work.

also, I do not know much about facial care, so I would not be sure what to use for that, if it can be done at all.
Ishje is offline   Reply With Quote