Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 25th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #11
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I've noticed, in the couple of months since having my gall bladder removed AND going on a diabetic diet for a non-alcholic fatty liver, that my dark eye circles are going away! Coincidence? I don't think so!
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #12
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Justy, that's awesome!

I just need to start drinking more water, and see how much that helps before spending money on treatments. I don't really have much puffiness, but they are definitely dark.
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #13
justgreen

Thanks! I've been a slacker this week, but need to get back on it strictly. I've had some sugar, but not much. I've cut carbs down so low, it's pathetic!
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #14
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

As far as I know lots of sleep is important, yes but it also depends on how you sleep. If your head rest very low chances are higher for the blood to be pooling under your eye.
Also, many people don't know than UV Protection around your eye can reduce dark circles. The brownish, purpleish type of dark circles can be caused by sun exposure!
Massages and cold mask are helpful in my opinion..they give you a fresher look.
Last but not least - I have heard of eye creams that can help the blood flow in the underye area. Devitas - Undereye Serum has gotten a lot of good reviews. I have not tried it yet but I was planning to since I tend to get inner eye circles (can you say that?) due to sinus problems ( like right between nose and inner corner of eye.. )

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #15
Darl_in1
Dazzling Beauty

It's funny (well it's not....but I had to start the sentence somehow) but I could never get rid of my dark circles (and believe me....I'm not one to for-go my sleep - I get at least 7-8 hours a night minimum). I never used to drink water at all - once I started my diet I started drinking at least 3-4 litres a day minimum and within 2 weeks I noticed that my circles had almost completely gone - including what I had previously thought was just shadows......Recently I had a couple of days the I was out and about and just didn't manage to drink the water (and maybe drank other things like *ahem* Cosmopolitans or brandy) and noticed the next morning that the circles were back.

So for me it I think that hydration (and NO cocktails ) is the key.

I apologise for the fact that I have turned into some kind of self-proclaimed Hydration Queen. I am aware of how annoying it is to tell people "Just drink water"...it used to drive me crazy too.......

....just drink water though....really.
Darl_in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #16
BlondeInDisguise
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvssa
Not for everyone unfortunately, for some of us it is hereditary and they won't go away with anything.

Yep. I think I've had dark circles from day one....well, maybe not quite, but just about.

[CENTER][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=DarkOrange]Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
BlondeInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Peggy E.
Dazzling Beauty

I loved my grandmother, but she could have kept her deep, dark undereye circles to herself, thank you very much.... ( I've had my gall bladder out - in fact, there's not much left inside there at all; I'm pretty much a big ball of belly fat with arms, legs and a bobbing head stuck on top!

I can "hydrate" until I'm sloshing when I move, makes no difference at all. My Grandmother's got worse as she aged, as are mine. She ended up looking like someone had either punched her in both eyes, or that she'd had her nose broken. Oh, boy -something to look forward to....

Hope all the advice you've received will help you out. Good luck!
Peggy E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #18
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

Wearing sunscreen helps. I've also heard suggestions of chamomille tea bags or vitamin C. I don't know how well they work, but it might be worth a try.
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #19
DaiquiriDiva
Untouched Beauty

Default dark circle remedy

I think I tried every product on the market for dark circles. Finally took my derm's advice and got teamine. It took patience but it banished the dark circles. That was 3 years ago and they haven't come back, even though I've moved on to use other products. Hooray!
DaiquiriDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #20
justgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiquiriDiva
I think I tried every product on the market for dark circles. Finally took my derm's advice and got teamine. It took patience but it banished the dark circles. That was 3 years ago and they haven't come back, even though I've moved on to use other products. Hooray!

GADS! Someone loan me $50 so I can buy some Teamine!