Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #11
Shadowlee
Untouched Beauty

Well, so far I've lost 3kg (which is 6.6 pounds). I found a great book about "core" exercises - it's a mix of pilates, yoga and weights. I've been combining those exercises with some walking. It looks like it's working.
Shadowlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #12
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I wenghed in tonight. It's been 2 weeks since joining and I didn't weigh in last week. I've losted 1 kilo (2.2 pounds). YAY! I thought I'd done so horribly. I did pretty well the first week, but last week I didn't make as many good choices. Now . . . imagine if I actually TRY to do well! YAY!

Just thought I'd report it!
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #13
morningstar
Alluring Beauty

Hello everyone. I am going to lose 30 pounds with the South Beach diet. I hope it is ok to post here. I am starting my third week. I lost so far approx. 6 pounds. I am also going to start doing something to work out in my house since our roads are covered with snow and ice at the moment. I had started jogging in the fall and went when we had a brief thaw. I gained this weight about 14 years ago. I am as concerned about looking good as I am about nutrition and making it a healthier lifestyle. This time it is a complete package. Ah maturity...
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #14
Teacherbear

Yep, you are very welcome Morningstar. Yay on your minus 6 pounds so far! You are 20% of the way to your goal!
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #15
cajunkingkong
Adonis

I hope you don't mind one of the guys bouncing in here. Maybe if I publically state what I need to do I will have more motivation to do it.

There is a reason I have gone by "Big George" for a while. I have just recently dropped about 15 lbs and got under 300 for the first time in probably a couple of years. I'd really like to get back down to a sleek & trim 215 or so. But small steps.

I'm with Morningstar; I find it hard to maintain a workout schedule with crappy weather. So I am purchasing a treadmill very soon so that I will be able to work out daily. It will have a remote heart monitor on it so that I can hit a target heart rate and maintain it for a period of time. The unit will adjust to maintain the proper designated rate.

My big problem is that I just love to eat. My meal is over when the food is gone. I just need to get active again, which I plan to do.

I haven't been "beach ready" for several years! Maybe this is the time!
cajunkingkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:21 AM   #16
morningstar
Alluring Beauty

Hi George! I have been meaning to say hello to you here but I feel a little out of sorts here. Sorry, it is good to see you.
I understand what you mean about meal ending when the food is gone. I was the garbage can here at the house eating what my kids would not finish. They expected it after a while. I am changing my habits. I really know that is the answer to keeping your weight off or any addiction really is to change yourself. I quit smoking about 18 years ago and had to change my habits and in my head become a non smoker. Now it is time to tell myself I am a healthy person with healthy eating and excersise habits. I sometimes eat off smaller plates and give myself a serving of whatever and then stop and do not add more. Are you following any sort of plan? I am doing South Beach diet and some here are doing Weight Watchers. I think it is good to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Good to see you here...YOU CAN do this!
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #17
cajunkingkong
Adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar
Hi George! I have been meaning to say hello to you here but I feel a little out of sorts here.

You feel a little out of sorts? I'm a guy on a beauty site, with Tessa and a half dozen other ladies trying to corral me for a makeover. How out of sorts do you feel?

I have always been a big eater, just controlled my weight through my activities. In college after a good workout I was known more than once to knock off four Big Macs with the sides. Wasn't a problem then.

I have never smoked, and actually eat pretty healthy, except for the quantity. I eat lean meats, chicken and fish, whole grain breads and brown rice, little or no desserts, not many sweets, etc. I messed up my knee playing basketball two years ago, had it scoped and pushed too hard too quick, and it was six months before it was right. By then I was way out of shape and going through some trying times.

The trying times are about over, and I'm ready to give it a go. I am ready to get active again, and get back into and . I need to drop about 30 more pounds so my knees will stand up to the beating, so I will be on the treadmill every day.

Here we go!
cajunkingkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #18
morningstar
Alluring Beauty

Ok George you win as far as being out of sorts...LOL I just find this board smallish and hard to find all my friends. I feel I can't just go visit at their homes anymore...(photo and journal threads)
Yes getting to where you can do the sports you love will make a big difference. I have a friend with a bad ankle and knee and she is over 200 pounds. It is so hard for her mover around. She has a bad hip also. This is due to an accident she had back in the 80's. I think I am going to do some dance arobics using our bottom stair step. I need to get some excersise before the ice and snow melt.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #19
Teacherbear

Hey there, George! You are certainly welcome to join us!

When it comes to eating, I generally eat until the food is gone, too. And sweets are my downfall, especially candies and pastries . . . YUM!

When I lost weight the first time, I read something someone said about "how much food does it take to run a person?" The goal isn't full or stuffed because the stomach stretches by being filled, therefore it is always getting bigger. If you eat to fuel you, not to fill you . . . that is/was an important mindset. I fell into the filling a person, not fueling a person. So . . . who is joining me in being fueled, not filled?! :holding hand up, hoping someone will grab my hand:
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #20
teela1978
Untouched Beauty

I'm for being fueled not filled! I keep starting a plan and then getting side-tracked. It's time to actually stick to something. I've contemplated weight watchers but the meetings in town are not at convenient hours for me. I really need to eat less though, and start exercising again. Last year I had a roomate who exercised regularly and just having that influence around pushed me to get to yoga, swimming, or ballet 3-4 times a week. I didn't loose a lot of weight but I think I lost some inches and I definitely felt healthier. Tomorrow I will exercise.

I'd like to loose about 50 pounds. That would put me almost at a "normal" BMI which sounds healthier. Seems like an awfully lofty goal though. Maybe I could just aim for like 10...
teela1978 is offline   Reply With Quote