Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #21
ilovemycop
Captivating Beauty

alrighty...thanks so much for clearing that up happylynngilmer and also thanks to terriej for pointing out that asthma thing.I didn't realise you weren't supposed to take it if you have asthma and mine has been horrendous lately.Don't want to make it any worse.

I'll mention to my doctor when he weans me off the Lexapro what does he suggest since I can't take the 5htp.I don't want to be off everything since I am known to get into deep depressions and the Lamictal doesn't have much of an antidepressant in it.

[CENTER]:star:Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights :star:[/CENTER]

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=magenta]:frog:The LHC'er known as Patrycja :frog:[/COLOR][/CENTER]
ilovemycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #22
Katze
Dazzling Beauty

I've got a lot of experience both with tryptophan (from Griffonia seeds) and St John's Wort. Combined with diet and exercise, as well as lifestyle changes, these cured my depression - I am living proof. Although many doctors tried to put me on medication, I refused out of principle, because I wanted to heal myself without recourse to big-business pharmaceuticals.

BF is going through a down time but taking St John's Wort (which is recognized as an antidepressant here in Europe) is really helping him, especially in the darkest time of the year.

I do still sometimes take tryptophan before bed (I have trouble falling asleep) but pretty much don't "need" either of them.

If you are interested in healing depression without prescription medication, feel free to PM me - I will be happy to talk about it with you.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote