Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 23rd, 2006, 04:08 AM   #11
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Thanks lovey and Jessie.
I did make it the Indian way and liked it.
It has a flavour i have never tasted or smelt before. I liked it though. Now gonna make it the perfect way as you all have told me to.
I have another question:
My tea is mostly milk than cofee(no heavy cream here). In that case the water i will havecto boil for a cup would be just 1/4th cup. And i odnt think thats gonna work out..to get all of the taste to exude out of the bag.
What should i do then?
One more:
How od i make this if im using loose tea(not in bags)? How do i let it steep?
Sorry for bugging with so many questions but im real crazy to get this things right.
Sorry and thank you for your help .
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 06:57 AM   #12
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Hi!
So today i made the Earl grey the way its ben posted here. It was yummy. I drank a mug full which i normally dont do. I feel its too much with half a mugm but this one i just drank....
Loved the aroma, i agree making this tea the Indian way makes it loose half of the delicate aroma...(My empty cup's still smelling )
And its much more refreshing...im happy i tried it.
I have bought Earl Grey Cream tea. What are the flavours you guys have tried and liked...there were so many other flavours.Taking some feed back for my next pack of tea bags...
Thanks for your help.
Naj.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM   #13
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovey
Jessie58,
No offense taken! But I boil my water in the microwave-- I don't put the tea in there. (Not sure if you thought that.)
Like I said in my post, I do it for hurry's sake and I'm sure my tea isn't as great as it could be. But it works for me!

LOL, no I realize that, my MIL sometimes makes me a tea with the water boiled in the mic but it makes this strange foam when you place the tea bag in and then your tea is frothy. Also don't know why but it totally changes the flavor of the tea, almost like the tea gets shocked out of the bag rather than steeped.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #14
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj
Hi!
So today i made the Earl grey the way its ben posted here. It was yummy. I drank a mug full which i normally dont do. I feel its too much with half a mugm but this one i just drank....
Loved the aroma, i agree making this tea the Indian way makes it loose half of the delicate aroma...(My empty cup's still smelling )
And its much more refreshing...im happy i tried it.
I have bought Earl Grey Cream tea. What are the flavours you guys have tried and liked...there were so many other flavours.Taking some feed back for my next pack of tea bags...
Thanks for your help.
Naj.

Now you see why I'm hooked on Earl Grey. I only know that there are several tea makers that make Earl Grey and that there is also a decaffienated one but I believe that the Twinnings brand is the most 'true' Earl Grey flavor. I haven't heard of the Cream variety.

Stash brand teas always seem to butcher a good cup of tea, it's awful.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:25 AM   #15
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessie58
Stash brand teas always seem to butcher a good cup of tea, it's awful.
It tastes lovely...but now im getting suspicious if its the one you guys use. Lemme check ***goes off to find the carton***
Well Jess, its called the Mlesna Premiun Ceylon Tea-Early Grey Cream Tea.
But i remember seeing this Twinnings brand too and even English breakfast was there.
Well, maybe this homework will help me while buying tea for the next time. Thanks for that.
Naj
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM   #16
lovey
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie58
LOL, no I realize that, my MIL sometimes makes me a tea with the water boiled in the mic but it makes this strange foam when you place the tea bag in and then your tea is frothy. Also don't know why but it totally changes the flavor of the tea, almost like the tea gets shocked out of the bag rather than steeped.

you know... i see what you mean. The tea bag does seem to be rather shocked when it goes in mic water, and it seems to steep prematurely.. all at once. Boiling your water is by far better.

Naj, my personal favorite is Twinnings Earl Grey. Not sure if that's available to you, but it's very popular so I think it might be.
[SIZE=1]You know I believe it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.[/SIZE]
lovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #17
Jennerosity
Untouched Beauty

Wow! I never even thought of adding milk to my earl grey tea! Maybe I should give that a try sometime too. Although, I'm trying to switch to rice milk, and I'm not sure the flavour would be the same.

The thought of microwaving tea also seems foreign to me. Especially leaving the teabag IN! Most of my tea has the bag with the string and the string is attached using a tiny metal staple. I imagine that would make my tea taste very shocked indeed!
Jennerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #18
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennerosity
Wow! I never even thought of adding milk to my earl grey tea! Maybe I should give that a try sometime too. Although, I'm trying to switch to rice milk, and I'm not sure the flavour would be the same.

The thought of microwaving tea also seems foreign to me. Especially leaving the teabag IN! Most of my tea has the bag with the string and the string is attached using a tiny metal staple. I imagine that would make my tea taste very shocked indeed!
Funny mental picture.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM   #19
dancingbarefoot
Natural Beauty

Another person here who thinks milk ruins Earl Grey. A lot of teas just taste better without milk. *shrug*
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #20
naj
Dazzling Beauty

I bought the Twinning Earl Grey and its tastes completely different from the Mlesna Earl Grey Cream Tea. It has a stronger flavour(bergamot). It does freshen me up.
But i liked the Mlesna flavour a lot more, but it wasnt as strong as the Twinning.
Maybe i should try without milk!
Naj