Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Thumper
Raw Beauty

Huh HOODIA - Hoopla?

Has anyone here tried the hoodia? I bought a bottle because I heard raves about it! 30 pills cost me $30 though (GNC), so I was not impressed at all. So the recommended does of 2 a day only allowed me to use it for 15 days to which I saw no changes. I have found a site that is offering them for a much lower cost because you buy them in bulk, so I really would like to know if anyone else has had any personal experience with this product.

Cheers!
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #2
severina
Untouched Beauty

Thumper, I tried Hoodia for about a week and a half. I purchased them from Walgreens...it was a small package that advertised a 10 day supply @ three pills/day. I did not find it made any difference in my levels of hunger. I lost weight, because I was monitoring my caloric intake. However, I was just as hungry as I usually am when I am watching calories. i did not find it to be helpful. YMMV, of course.
severina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #3
Pierre
Adonis

I have not tried it, but look up hoodia on www.newstarget.com. A lot of the hoodia on the market is counterfeit, this site says.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Elerxia
Untouched Beauty

Hi Thumper,

I bought one of those $30+ bottles at GNC as well, and didn't notice much of a change. I was experiencing the same ol' hunger pains I normally did, and after a week of taking them, didn't see the purpose in spending more money on another bottle. I might've been doing something wrong, but it was nonetheless discouraging.
Elerxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #5
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

I've been having a devil of a time curbing appetite (okay, I have just been eating too much and am loathe to stop myself. I'm like a kid with no impulse-control or something) ANyhow, I was toying with the idea of buying some Hoodia and seeing what it could do for me. But I kept balking at the idea of spending $35 or more for a one-month supply of something that may or may not WORK, but I wonder about the safety of many of the things that they put on the market (my drug-paranoia first surfaced after reading "King of Torts" by John Grisham. Great book, will scare the crap out of you about drugs, though) Anyhow, I am skeptical of all sorts of stuff after that. I'd be more prone to take Dexatrim or something, and am really toying with THAT idea (MUCH cheaper)

Currently, though, I'm just going to up my workouts to DAILY and keep reminding myself with the hungerpangs hit that "if you don't want to drag a REALLY fat butt up and down off a step, you'd better tie the feedsack shut, Lisa" and maybe that'll do the trick!

I'm disappointed to hear that the Hoodia wasn't working for you ladies, especially after having spent hard-earned money that could have gone toward hairtoys. Dang, I HATE when that happens! :flowers:

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #6
MotherConfessor
Untouched Beauty

Hi, as Pierre said alot of the hoodia on the market is a gyp. Real hoodia may work but its in such high demand and so hard to get that its not worth the effort or the expense. If you want to curb your appetite and up your metabolism may I suggest fiber tablets and coconut oil? The fiber tabs are about 15 dollars for a large bottle, with these babies you dont have to drink "grainy water" (as I call it) and it not only curbs your appetite but is just all over better for your health. And the real truth about loosing wheight is just making your body healthier. Coconut oil has also greatly aided both me and my mother.

P.S No hijack intended
MotherConfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #7
MotherConfessor
Untouched Beauty

ackkk, did not realize how old the thread was..... too used to LHC... sorry all
MotherConfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:42 AM   #8
jel
Enticing Beauty

No need to apologise, Mother Confessor! It's the nature of this board, at this time, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherConfessor
Coconut oil has also greatly aided both me and my mother.

How have you and your mother been using coconut oil? Just instead of cooking oil, or as a supplement?

Last edited by jel : February 8th, 2008 at 04:56 AM. Reason: changing position of quote
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #9
vidgrl007
Raw Beauty

i tried hoodia and it didnt do a thing for me.
vidgrl007 is offline   Reply With Quote