Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #11
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

una, the MC is a great idea for resetting your dials, as Calista does (Calista, your posts are inspiring- I'm often too blunt on boards- you have away of communicating that flows like water over stone: no hurt, but the change gets made)
I'd suggest whole foods only for the summer and fall, and a return to that in the spring (some excess carbs can be good in the cold.)
I'm a 26 year vegetarian, so I advocate that as well...except you cannot substitute cheese, or cheesecake, for the old meat spot. (not that I did that or anything...walks off whistling)
My great big lifestyle change was to hula hoop every day. I hit goal more than half the time now, and I almost get hour-glassy (my hips to ribs is about four inches--very short waisted)
and my back feels great from the motion.

now, something fun that helps knees...?

Last edited by truepeacenik : June 18th, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #12
ShanaMaidela
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepeacenik
My great big lifestyle change was to hula hoop every day. I hit goal more than half the time now, and I almost get hour-glassy (my hips to ribs is about four inches--very short waisted)
and my back feels great from the motion.

now, something fun that helps knees...?

I cannot hula hoop to save my life....wish I could though. I've heard before that it is great for shaping the waist.

I am also trying to get down to a healthier weight. I have been exercising, walking, gardening and using Denise Austin's "Shrink you Female Fat Zones" toning exercises.

The eating is the problem. I have just been trying to limit my portions and trying to save sweets for once or twice a week.
[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]~Audrey Hepburn[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=royalblue]We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=royalblue]~ Native American Saying~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
ShanaMaidela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #13
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I'm with the No "S" Diet. Whenever I really stick to it, it works like a charm for me. I eat far too much sugar otherwise. Seconds, too. EEK!

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #14
Elerxia
Untouched Beauty

Love the thread!

I'm totally with you on this one, and I started with my "lifestyle change" this morning, after tired of this being the 10th day in a row when I woke up feeling ill. I'm not trying to eat healthy and lose weight to look better.. I want to *feel* better.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a master cleanse, but I'm a little scared/nervous about it.. Never done one before..

Unaspenser, what's your cleanse routine going to be like, and for how long? Are you planning on doing a salt water flush as well? Would love to hear from you, as I not only need the support for the dieting, but for the cleansing, too!
Elerxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #15
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

SWF sucked but was effective.
I had about the same results in an ll one fruit ramp up and no SWF with the MC "lemondade."
Have you done ANY fast before?
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #16
unaspenser
Natural Beauty

truepeacenik, hula hooping is such a good idea! I've seen those heavy rubber hula hoops made especially to work your abs before... maybe I'll have to give it a try, though doing sit-ups is one of my favorite exercises. I know a million variations.

Elerxia, here's a basic overview of the master cleanse routine. http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm I'm not sure how long I want to do it, I'm thinking I'll see how I feel after two weeks, and maybe try for three. I'm somewhat hypoglycemic, so I'll be trying to keep an eye on that and continue getting exercise while I cleanse.
Old June 21st, 2006, 01:05 AM   #17
faerie
Untouched Beauty

Not eating for at least 10 days? I don't think I could keep it up for that long.
Old June 21st, 2006, 02:11 AM   #18
MerryKat
Untouched Beauty

Stephanie
I am the same, when I really stick to No S I loose effortlessly (ie. May I was 100% on plan and I lost 2kg (4.4lb)). This month I seem to be finding every possible excuse not to stick with No S!

The best thing with No S is that you get the treats you want, you just have to wait for the weekend to have them.

I must, and I will as of today, get back to my No S and see if I can rescue my June weight loss.
[COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.snugglepie.com"][IMG]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/543633.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.snugglepie.com"][IMG]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/543636.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR]
MerryKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:07 PM   #19
Scarlet
Raw Beauty

I've been dissastified with my overweight, out of shape body for the past 4 years. Having my daughter and a partial hysterectomy just messed my whole metabolism up. And I got lazy.

So I've rededicated myself to my preferred lifestyle eating plan, which is low carb. No white: anything made from flour or sugar. It's pretty basic, just meat, seafood, poultry, veggies, eggs, some cheese. Dinner tonight was a combo of shrimp, scallops and orange roughy sauteed in a little olive oil and Smart Balance Light buttery stuff and a light sprinkling of shredded cheese with broccoli as a side. Yummy!

My scale isn't really moving at this point, but my clothes aren't so tight. My tape measure has less to go around!

My biggest problem is that I have had a "vacation" mentality that let me go off plan when I was away from home (on a trip) and so I would go nuts eating stuff I usually don't eat and don't even want when I'm home. Pizza, cake, ice cream, you get the drift. I was away quite a bit in the last couple of months, so I added 5lbs or so to the 80lbs I would like to lose.

I'm 5'10" and "big boned" and currently weigh 235. My high was 270 and I successfully lost 50lbs. I gained 15lbs back over the last year or so with my "vacation" mentality and occassional treats.

I'm in this for the long haul. I refuse to "diet" as that gives one the idea that you can go off when you reach your goal. My experience is that all those pounds you lost will find you again and bring a few friends with them when you stop your diet. It's necessary to find an eating plan that you can stick with for life, with small adjustments being made as needed. I finally realized that there is no "vacation" from real life. I have a DH that I'm quite happy with, so I don't desire to go "off plan" when away from him. Why should I feel any different with my eating plan? So much of how we eat is based on our thought/beliefs. I've decided to commit to this way of life and just get on with it.

I'm gonna get my butt in gear and get moving, too. I've missed the activity, I just don't seem to find the time to do it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. How are you all doing with your health and weight loss issues?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.[B]Eleanor Roosevelt[/B], [I]'This Is My Story,' 1937
[/I]Make it a point to want what you have and you'll always have what you want.[I] --dunno
[/I]
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #20
Isilme
Dazzling Beauty

oh, I can so realte to the "vacation" mentality My biggest problem is that my parents are quite fond of sweets and cakes. And the don't seem to get that I don't want any candy or that they buying things is really hard for me. Looking forward to living on my own...