Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:42 PM   #11
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Thanks Calico! That sounds really good. I'd like to try it with frozen raspberries, too. Yum!

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #12
katkero
Raw Beauty

I like homemade smoothies or a fruit- or vegetablesalad. With a yoghurtdressing.
Or some goatcheese and crackers.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred][URL="http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kerenenrencomei200649gy.jpg"][IMG]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4103/kerenenrencomei200649gy.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]A yawn is a cat's honest opinion.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]:kitty: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
katkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #13
Leisha
Untouched Beauty

A twist on the one getoffmyskittle mentioned: cut a banana into a few chunks, add a little pot of natural yoghurt, some honey if you want (if the banana is quite ripe it's probably sweet enough without) and add milk. Blend it all together in a blender or with a handheld electric mixerthingie. You can kind of choose how liquid you want it by adding more or less milk.
I really love it, sort of like a banana milkshake It's also an excellent drink for when you're not hungry enough to eat breakfast in the mornings but don't want to go out with an empty stomach etc. it really gives you some energy. Sometimes I add an apple too.
And I got the recipe from a site with food to make your hair healthier
I'm gonna try getoffmyskittle's variation too!!
Leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #14
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

For salty-sweet munchiness, I like a mix of peanuts, raisins, sunflower-seeds and chocolate chips (not a lot of chocolate chips; just enough to give you a kick now and then).

The other thing I really like is popcorn, airpopped, then sprayed with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray-on butter-ish-whatever-the-heck-it-is. Supposedly, there are NO calories in it if you use 5 sprays. I use like twenty, so I'm sure I'm not calorieless, but oh well.

The other thing we do at night (I will do it here in a minute) is to take a frozen banana (we freeze those puppies when they're sitting on the counter getting REALLY freckled) and pop it in the blender with milk and ice-cubes and maybe some other frozen fruits (peaches, strawberries, grapes, melon, whatever) and a couple of packets of fake-sweetener and make a shake. It's really good, and the only calories are from the fruit and milk, and I don't feel bad about consuming milk calories or fruit calories.

HTH,
Lisa
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #15
Ama
Untouched Beauty

2 of my favorites:

1. Similar to Leisha's shake: In a blender I mix. 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp honey, some peanuts (I don't measure, maybe 2 tbsp), 1 heaping tbsp of peanut butter, 1 banana. This is called the Breakfast Shake but I have it when I feel like it *smile*. I also add things like flax seeds and black cumin seeds. It is soooo good!.

2. My other favorite is just pita bread with hummus. I get this hummus which is a mix of hummus and tahini, oh, I wish I could get the recipe. I could live off of it.

Both are pretty fillilng.
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #16
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

Fruits and vegies, green grapes are my fav and banana's. I also eat baby carrots out of a bag from the store and raw brocc and cauli.

I want to try the new steamed vegies in a bag

low cal treats like popsiclies
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #17
LilyMunster
Natural Beauty

Lately I've been on a Lavish bread w hummus kick. Apple's w peanut butter. Real homemade popcorn. Pure fruit leather. Raw almonds and fresh orange slices.

LM
LilyMunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #18
lizzernog
Raw Beauty

Crackers with goat cheese usually hit the spot for me. Big grapes are good too. We get huge grapes when we go food shopping. Love 'em! Yogurt is always good for a little snack with fresh fruit or on top of those little yellow spongecakes for a healthier dessert replacement.
lizzernog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #19
mira-chan
Alluring Beauty

Dried fruit (apples, pears, apricots, pinapple, etc.) is a good snack food. Also fresh apple, sliced in sections, with honey is a good dessert.
My mother makes a milk shake with yogurt instead of milk. She uses plain yogurt and any combination of fruits and berries available in the house.
mira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #20
bowie
Raw Beauty

Sliced apple with soy butter.

Crackers with soy butter.

Bananas with soy butter.

(no peanuts in our house due to allergy)