Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM   #21
mira-chan
Alluring Beauty

I probably need to drink more water. I'm trying. I have my work working agaist me. I work in a lab where no food or drinks are allowed inside. I have to go outside the room to drink.

I drink only water or tea, no soda, little or no juice (actual fruit please). Anything other than water or some teas just make me more thirsty. I only drink water room temperature. No cold water, for many reasons, and hot plain water just tastes unpleasant.

For those that have glass bottles. How do you carry those around? They are pretty heavy. I'm always on foot (no car, no license, no reason to drive, and 30 min to 3 hour on foot trecks not uncommon) with just enough space in my bookbag for a half liter bottle. My shoulders are dead if I carry anything heavier.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM   #22
freznow
Sparkling Beauty

I did the fairly successful 30 day water challenge on LHC last year, and it helped tremendously. When Winter came around, I kinda lost it (though ever since the challege I have been a lot better about it!) Now I'm getting back into it again. Yay water!

I've heard the same things, when your thirsty then you've waited too long for water. And that it's 7-8 cups in addition to what you get in food. And I know I feel better when i've been drinking as much water as I should. So yeah, even if you dislike water, it's a need not a want.
freznow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM   #23
Anje
Dazzling Beauty

I need to get on this whole water-drinking thing. Problem is, the water in this town tastes awful, so I'm pretty much stuck getting one jug a day from the RO tap at home, if I remember that. I do need to break the habit of ignoring thirst til it goes away. My skin could definitely stand some moisture from the inside.
Anje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM   #24
Nat242
Dazzling Beauty

I love water - and definitely note the health and wellbeing benefits quickly.

An important thing to remember is that caffeinated beverages may actually dehydrate you to some extent, although this is disputed. Caffeine is a mild diuretic.

I have one or two cups of coffee a day, so I have to drink an extra glass or two to make up for it.

I also make a point to carry water with me, as I loathe buying bottled water on principle.
Nat242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:24 PM   #25
harpgal
Dazzling Beauty

I am a very big believer in drinking lots of water. It has made the difference in my skin, hair, and overall health. I like it room temp, also. I do drink a couple cups of 50/50 (decaf/regular) coffee in the morning, but I drink a lot of water during the day.
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
harpgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM   #26
Chrissy
Sparkling Beauty

Water Intoxication & Hyponatremia Mods I hope it's OK to post this link. I found this an interesting article. This is possible but rare. It's quite a lengthy article but worth the read I feel. Basically you can drink too much water but if you drink a little at a time it's OK. Just don't drink a bunch at once. (That's the paraphrased version.) I personally don't drink alot of water but I'm trying to do better. All the things you all have said are helping me want to do it more. Thanks! Now I want to go get a pretty cup to put mine in. Hmm....maybe a fancy wine glass for at home.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM   #27
spidermom
Alluring Beauty

Accolady, it was bath day for our two dogs today too.

I've got a hard plastic jug that is made for refilling and carrying around. It holds 32 ounces and has a handle.

To avoid hyponatremia/water intoxication, all you need is an extra 1/2 tsp of salt per day. A dietician that I consulted about weight loss told me that. I like to get my extra salt on tortilla chips (not such a great idea for this overweight woman) or raw cabbage (a better option).
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM   #28
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCOLADY
Add me to the list of the room temp girls. However, if I drink it
cold, I use a straw. Am I weird? Don't answer that. LOL...

You're not weird Karen Marie, well at least not about the water LOL . I too prefer room temp bottled water, but at restaurants I ask for a lemon or lime wedge and a straw when they bring iced water.
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM   #29
freznow
Sparkling Beauty

In class today we learned that plastic # 3 is toxic, and after a bit of googling I found out #7 is not good either. The best for a water bottle are 2 and 5. My water bottle was a #7 - eek! So now I'm getting a Nalgene. Can't beat those!

And I believe that you can't get Water Intoxication unless you drink like a gallon all at once. Most of the incidents are of people who were dared or some such thing to drink large amounts at once. It's pretty hard to even FORCE your body to consume that much, I know it's hard for me to drink more than a tall glass within a 5/10 minute period (and it's rare that I drink nearly that much in that time frame)
freznow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM   #30
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I know I don't drink enough water. I just don't get thirsty! Heck, I also know I don't eat enough either. Sheesh. I'm going to waste away (or dry up and shrivel like a raisin) if I don't smarten up!