Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #1
aradia_rising
Untouched Beauty

Undecided Oil Cleansing results

I have just started the oil cleasning method yesterday and I was wondering how long until I might expect results. So far I think I've seen more visible blackheads and none of my existing acne has seemed to be affected by the cleansing. When will I know if it's working or, on the flip side, when to throw in the towel and try something else? I know that as A.) a teenager and B.) an American I am predisposed to want instant gratification so I appologize if I seem a little impatient. But I see this question as a 'light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel' sort of thing so hopefully I can get a feeling for how long until I don't sigh angrily at my skin in the mirror.
aradia_rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #2
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I think it took me more than a week before I started noticing little plugs of goo coming out of my pores. Everyone is different though.
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite

If I were you I'd keep on with it at least another week or so. Your blackheads may be loosening up. I think it takes a while to work them out. Massaging them helped me. I have a lot around my hair line and lots of oil and a long but gentle massage seems to get them to let go. Have you tried an aspirin mask? There are some good thread at LHC on it. I dissolve maybe 6-8 aspirin in a few drops of water. You don't want it runny, you want it paste like. Then I add a little honey and apply the mixture to my face and let it dry. Wash off with warm water. The aspirin seems to draw crud out of the pores.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #4
aradia_rising
Untouched Beauty

Ah a week! that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bunch!
aradia_rising is offline   Reply With Quote