Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

Default Blackheads on my nose

So I feel self conscious about the blackheads on my nose. At least, that's what I think they are. How do I tell if I just have large pores or if it is really blackheads? And how do I get rid of them?? Anybody else have this problem??
Currently at TBL[COLOR="black"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][/COLOR]
MrsGuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I know that the OCM helps for blackheads. But I've recently discovered those little scrubby gloves that are for your body? With tons of soapy lather they work great on facial black/white heads! And they rock for taking the dead skin off. I only use them once a week, the rest of the time I just use a soft nubby facecloth with cool water to wash my face.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #3
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

MrsGuther, I've had this problem too until I got OCM working for me. Before OCM, what helped me tremendously was Biore pore strips. I know that a homemade solution similar to Biore pore strips is gelatin and milk and even though I haven't tried that, I think it's really more than it's worth as once OCM is working for you there's really no need for OCM.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

I have this problem too to the point that even cosmetologists say my blackheads are in so tight that they can't get them out. I tried OCM for a while but broke out so in such painful cysts that I couldn't continue. Maybe I should try again with different oils but I'm not very hopeful with any method since I have always had difficult blackheads.
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #5
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

*runs to the car to go drive to the store for scrubby gloves, and biore strips!* lol!
Thanks y'all! I'm not sure how the oil cleansing method would work for me. If I ever oil my hair and some gets on my face or back I break out... :/
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #6
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

Ocelan, I haven't been to the dermatologist about it, but I bet they would tell me mine were in so tight they couldn't get them out either! I hate this! I just want small pores and smooth clear skin!
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #7
ladyshayyy
Raw Beauty

Ohmygosh! I KNOW your pain! I went to a dermatologist and actually had to have them laser-ed out because they were so deep and so packed in there. NOTHING would take them out. I got a few laser treatments and the laser's job was to squeeze the oil glands and squeeze the pores and break down the sebaceous cysts and blackheads. It worked really well for me. They came back once I stopped them but not nearly as bad.

The best thing I have found, minus the laser, is The Body Shop Ionic Seaweed Clay Mask and The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Acne mask. Both suck the excess oil and gunk out of the pores, you can literally see it as it is drying. Also, St Ives Apricot Scrub and The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Scrub with apricot stones.

I tried OCM but also broke out in painful cystic pimples. Clay masks, definitely. Once a week at least, more if you are super oily.
ladyshayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #8
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

Ok, so maybe I have been overreacting. my husband says I don't have a bunch of blackheads. He said my nose looks normal and its just visible pores. Idk what to think. I looked up some videos on blackheads on the nose and my nose definitely didn't look anything near as bad as the stuff on the videos.
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #9
vivalagina
Untouched Beauty

If it's just visible pores, have you tried just doing a final cold water rinse to encourage the pores to tighten? I've noticed that my pores appear smaller after doing that for the last few months consistently. (I've also had great success with ocm during this time period as well, so it might be a combo of the gunk getting cleaned out and then making the pore as small as possible afterward to discourage the gunk from getting back in.) Hope you find something that works?
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #10
Angelistarr
Sparkling Beauty

Surprisingly here's something bout blackheads that a lot of ppl don't kno. When I used to go to the derm, he'd tell me he can't do anything bout it because its just dark hair. I couldn't believe him so I asked him to take a pic.... It was hair. -____- so some of those dots that don't go away might jut be annoying hair.

[SIZE="1"][B]2c/3a:MC:III
Current: maintaining APL (until after boot camp!)
Current Goal: WAIST!![/B][/SIZE]
Angelistarr is offline   Reply With Quote