Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM   #1
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Default Help me!

I went through my clothing the other day, and after taking out everything faded, ill fitting, or just no, I now can fit my entire daily wardrobe into ONE drawer.
By daily wardrobe I mean pants, shirts, and sweaters.

And there is room left.

I still have a drawer of night things, and a drawer of socks and undies, and a few dresses hanging in the closet (and summer ones downstairs, but its not summer and won't be for several more months) as well as hoodies in the closet, but I don't wear those often as they are more of a layering up for cold outdoor activities thing- which I try to avoid as much as possible. I like it occasionally, but spending all day out at -forty? Nah thanks.

So I need help. My Southern Ma advised me to purchase more belts and to wear my scarves to jazz up the outifts I have- she is also sending me some pants, and has advised me to buy a stylish vest. (I am thinking about a faux sheepskin one, which can be worn belted or unbelted).

What should I focus on, where should buy it? Online required I am afraid, and must ship to Canada. I do not want a large wardrobe, nor do I want to be wearing the same things everyday.
Style wise, I like different fabrics, but am not one for extravagant prints or froufy bits. I like to look classy, well put together, and timeless. I don't really have a style icon, but Audrey Hepburn crossed with Brigette Bardot might be close.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Perhaps you could have a look at advice for creating a capsule wardrobe. There's plenty of advice on that available and it should give you ideas for how to keep your wardrobe fairly small while having lots of options for what to wear.

I agree about scarves and belts... they don't take up much space and can make a huge difference to how an outfit looks. I think I have more accessories than actual clothes...
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM   #3
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I will google that, thanks!
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #4
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

How do you feel about skinny jeans, leggings, or tights? I get alot of use out of those since i can wear them with dresses, skirts, or just really long tops. Scarfs i consider a good investment since you can wear them around your neck, in your hair, or if you learn a few knots as high waist belts.

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #5
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

I have all three- skinny jeans in pink and purple, leggings in black and grey and moose antlers, and tights of all kinds. my Southern mom is sending me some black skinnies too, which should hopefully be a bit more multi-use than the coloured ones.
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

How are you getting on, FB? I've been tempted to rethink my wardrobe a bit as I'm losing weight - however I still have a long way to go and my clothes still fit me, they're just a lot less clingy LOL (I've gone down a dress size). Still, it's fun to think about the new things I might be able to wear if I manage to lose some more
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #7
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Not well tbh. I've a new pair of pants and gotten heartily sick of my coloured jeans from last year, tossed most of my leggings and bought a few new dresses. Just waiting on the weather to turn warmer so I can wear them without tights as well.