Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #1
UrbanEast
Untouched Beauty

Default Your favorite comb?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy the Heavenly Harvest horn comb, a Mason Pearson rake, or a handled comb from Kent. For those who have one of these, which one do you like the best?

The HH one sounds good, but it sounds like some people thought that the rough surface between the teeth was damaging?
UrbanEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #2
OhioLisa
Captivating Beauty

That's a tough call. Honestly, I don't understand all the buzz about MP. I think if it is between Kent and MP, Kent is MUCH nicer. I have never had a prob with my HH comb, though I know some people have. I have combs by all 3 makers, and my personal fave has to be Kent.
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #3
Darscilla
Natural Beauty

Ohiolisa, I'm afraid I have to diagree, sorry. I think the Kent combs are very poor quality. They are great on the hair, but the plastic seems to become brittle and crack within a few months in my experiance. I thought I may have just got a bad comb when the first one shattered, but its replacement has done exactly the same thing. I found it very disappointing considering Kent's reputation for quality.
I can't comment on the other two brands as I have not tried them. I'm back to using a cheap plastic comb, which although isn't seamless (but not rough rough), has been serving me well for at least ten years. Unlike a certain brand
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #4
OhioLisa
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darscilla
Ohiolisa, I'm afraid I have to diagree, sorry. I think the Kent combs are very poor quality. They are great on the hair, but the plastic seems to become brittle and crack within a few months in my experiance. I thought I may have just got a bad comb when the first one shattered, but its replacement has done exactly the same thing. I found it very disappointing considering Kent's reputation for quality.
I can't comment on the other two brands as I have not tried them. I'm back to using a cheap plastic comb, which although isn't seamless (but not rough rough), has been serving me well for at least ten years. Unlike a certain brand

Wow! That surprises me. I have had my comb for ages and have never had an issue with cracks or anything. I don't blame you for not liking them. I wonder if their quality is starting to slack. How long ago did you get your first one?
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #5
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

I can't tell you if any one of those is better than the others... But, I have a Heavenly Harvest horn comb, and I love it.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #6
LORA410
Radiant Beauty

I love my yak bone comb I got on e-bay.

Current length 23"
Mini goal BSL 24"
Goal Length hip 31"
LORA410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #7
freznow
Sparkling Beauty

I have a HHH comb, as well as a fine toothed horn comb and wood comb I got in a swap. I love them all! I vote Heavenly Harvest!
freznow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #8
girlcat36
Natural Beauty

I have a Heavenly Harvest horn comb. I do not like it, and it is rough between the teeth. I love my Body Shop wooden comb--I use it the most. I have a Mason Pearson dressing comb that I use in the shower. I am pretty happy with it. I vote Body Shop wooden comb!
[U][COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.meez.com/girlcat36"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user/4/3/3/6/7/0/4/4336704_bodyshot_175x233_1203191288389.gif[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/U]
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #9
jel
Enticing Beauty

I also have the Body Shop wooden comb, and really like it, but it's wide-toothed. I need a good comb with narrow teeth for smoothing my hair - I used to have a wooden one from eBay, but it broke (I left it on the sofa and my SO sat on it!). It was nice, but not fantastic, and now I'm looking into other options.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, and UrbanEast for starting the thread!
[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]20"/46"/46"cl[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #10
OR Cowgirl
Untouched Beauty

I have both the wide and narrow tooth horn combs from HH. I really like them both! Have never tried the Kent or MP, but for the money I'd have to vote for HH.

Mariah