Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 15th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #1
tacyan
Untouched Beauty

Default Nail Art Striping Polish Review

they are 12 different polish colors in this set of striping polishes, for this mani I only used the 9 as seen above .

I used the silver to paint my nails with as the base. Then I used the black and painted "2014" across my nails. Then using the glitter polishes, I placed the different glitter colors randomly on the black numbers to make them look festive! Super easy to do with the striping polishes with thin brushes.

In general my overall thoughts of these striping polishes were just okay. Here's my personal list of pros and cons when it comes to these striping polishes:

PROS:
- Easy to handle.
- Perfect length, thin brushes to paint detailed deigns.
- Nice, opaque black and silver in 1 coat.
- Good formulas, not thick and gooey.
- Good price point for the set, $8 for 12 striping polishes. (Plus, they have free shipping!)
- Can be used on natural or acrylic nails.
CONS:
- Some of the glitters are in colored bases, like the blue and orange... it would take many coats to build them up. So you won't be able to make any "designs" with the glitter, more like "accents", you know? I'd personally prefer them all to be in clear bases and I wasn't expecting a few of them in colored bases from looking at them. You can't really see, but the blue and orange "bases" the glitters are in stands out from the other colors against the black.
- The white was too sheer for me. When I am doing nail art I prefer an opaque black and white. The white would require me to use 2+ coats if I used it for art, which is why I didn't use it.

I like this one:

Last edited by tacyan : January 15th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
tacyan is offline   Reply With Quote