Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #1
kwaniesiam
Radiant Beauty

Default Master Cleanse aka Lemonade Diet

I heard about this in school, since one of my teachers is currently doing it. Does anyone have any information on this or has tried it? how does it work, and did it work for you? I'm interested in trying it to see if the cleansing aspect really works. Thanks
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #2
stargurl84
Untouched Beauty

it works because you're not eating any food and the luquid pretty much flushes out your system. these cleanses are ok to do for the recommended 10 days or whatever it is....but you could really do damage to your body if you maintain it as a "diet"
stargurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Aninha
Raw Beauty

My uncle did it once and swears by it. He said he didn't hungry at all on the diet and that the only thing he missed was the sensation of chewing. You also need to closely follow the reintroduction phase, he rushed it by eating solids before he was supposed to and he said he "suffered" (I can only imagine what that means!). I've thought about trying it but when I do get around to cleansing out my system I think I'll try a water fast instead.
Aninha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #4
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

Sounds like a juice only fast. I'm not familiar with the master cleanse, but I'm sure if someone drinks juice and doesn't eat anything for a week they will lose several pounds.
Currently at TBL[COLOR="black"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][/COLOR]
MrsGuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

I did it for about 10 days once and I think for a while I lost most of my apetite but I didn't notice any proper cleansing really. I was hungry quite a lot but kept drinking water or peppermint tea between the "meals" (the lemonade). I did really like the taste of the lemonade and have every now and then craved it a little. Maybe that's because I like lemons and I like hot things.

If you want to do it, do it but I wouldn't suggest a lot of excersise while you're on the diet as it's not very high on energy.

To me the diet did turn out to be actually more expensive than eating normally as maple syrup isn't very cheap here and neither are lemons most of the time.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Hillary
Raw Beauty

Personally, I go with at-home organic juicing... Then taking several doses of psyllium husks in H2O between "meals" of diluted juice. Far more vitamins, and natural colonic scrub brushes. Plus the psyllium husks make me feel full.
Hillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:25 PM   #7
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

I personally wouldn't do it. It's not really healthy to eat absolutely nothing for days on end. You're not getting any nutrients then, vitamins, minerals, etc. I think the best way to "cleanse" (not that it's necessary since the body does that on it's own) is to eat super healthy with absolutely no caffeine, alcohol, etc for a few days. OR just a juice cleanse where you make your own vegetable/fruit juices because then you'll still be getting nutrients as well.
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM   #8
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

I have done this, in the blackstrap molasses version (the original).

I did swap out various citrus, and tended to use more cayenne, and once added ginger.

It was originally created as an ulcer cure in the homeopathic sense... A patient of Dr. Stanley Burroughs has an ulcer that was not healing from the usual treatments of the time (Great Depression/WWII). So Burroughs wondered what applying irritants would do. Well, for that patient, triggered the body to heal the irritation. Same theory as a vaccine introduce a little to stimulate response.

My six runs have been spread over 20 years.
I find I use less molasses, add sparkling water and a different heating spice each time.

I do miss chewing. So I get xylitol gum. I drink a lot of additional liquids, and stay with one prep of the juice daily.
Last time, I added cucumber and celery juice first thing in the morning. As a diuretic and a different taste.
I'm hungry days 1-3, typically. 4-7 are energetic, 8-10 feel like I'm looking toward the end, in a change my life sense. Excited and anticipatory.
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote