Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Serendipity
Untouched Beauty

Cheesy My Hair Book Came! (Mwahahahaha!)

I ordered this book several weeks ago from an herbal company with a very good reputation (along with some other items). I got all the other stuff in a timely fashion, but they were out of stock on this book so it had to go on backorder (!). So I've been waiting... and waiting...

Finally it came in today! Yesssssss!

It's called "Naturally Healthy Hair: Herbal Treatments and Daily Care for Fabulous Hair" by Mary Beth Janssen. I've skimmed through it already. It describes the structure of hair, plus it has a whackload of herbal recipes, and also explains in detail what the chemical ingredients are in commercial hair care products and what they can do and whether or not you should avoid them. There's sections devoted to brushes and combs, natural henna, what to look for in salons and spa treatments. In short, it looks pretty darn thorough!

Looking forward to reading this book! Has anyone else read this and if so, I'd really like to hear your reviews!
[COLOR=RoyalBlue] "Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back:
a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
[I]-Anais Nin[/I][/COLOR] [/COLOR][/FONT]
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #2
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Congratulations! The book sounds awesome, I'm sure it'll be great. Is it a big book? Pages of epic proportions? I like big and heavy books, they make such good weapons.

I haven't read it, so I'm eagerly awaiting the review!
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #3
5of10
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity
Looking forward to reading this book! Has anyone else read this and if so, I'd really like to hear your reviews!

I read it and yes, I did enjoy it. Very informative.

eiyela: Sorry, but it is a rather small book. Not much good as a weapon!
5of10 is offline   Reply With Quote