Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Love My Cop
Dazzling Beauty

Default Finger nails, painted or not?

I love he way my finger nails look painted, but hate it when the paint looks even the slightest bit chipped. Don't like my hands looking trashy ,and chipped finger nails look yucky period. I stopped painting them about two years ago. Just curious on how many on here do not wear polish either, and reasons for not wearing it?
Love My Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

I wear polish for a period or a night out.

But when I'm really busy with the medieval fairs I dont wear it to look authentic..

I also used to get my nails done and want my real ones to grow out healthy and not stress them with polish.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Amber
Natural Beauty

I never wear polish on my fingernails. It's too much trouble, all that painting and drying and touching up and repainting...

Plus, I need to keep my nails really short for most of my hobbies. I think really short nails look kind of gross with coloured polish on them - it makes them look even shorter IMO.
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #4
jennysdreaming
Raw Beauty

I don't wear it for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. on me it looks good for a total of about 1 day and then it chips. I do paint my toe nails tho' but only in the summertime when I wear sandals.
jennysdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Meezer
Natural Beauty

I only wear a clear, buff, or very subtle, pale pink color on my fingernails. I will often use more vibrant, wild colors on my toes.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Skin: combination, prone to a hormone related zit now and then; avid sunscreen user; LUSH-a-holic![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hair: 3aMii-iii[/FONT]
Meezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #6
SchnauzerMom
Sparkling Beauty

I don't wear it for two reasons, I use my hands a lot and the polish gets chipped, and I am lousy at putting it on. When I get through it looks like a child did it. More trouble than it's worth, I think.
SchnauzerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #7
moonchiald
Sparkling Beauty

Instant manicure from Avon seems intriguing. Birdie from LHC is has an Avon blog (beautydish.com) and just posted a review and said that after 36 days her nails still looked like day 1.

If they had a way to do french with the instant manicure I would buy them in a heartbeat! I don't "do" colors.
moonchiald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #8
eucalyptus
Raw Beauty

I never wear nail polish because it just doesn't feel natural to me. Plus I have a habit of wanting to chip it off all the time. And it always looks sloppy, and awkward because I keep my nails kind of short.
eucalyptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #9
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

I gave up on keeping my nails perfectly unchipped (that's not a word, is it?). I do two light, thin coats of polish, and that works well. I don't do a bottom or a top coat, either. I'm a kinesthetic person, so I use my hands a lot.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #10
ShanaMaidela
Raw Beauty

I paint my fingernails a very pale pink or a very sheer goldish color. Never anything dark. With these colors the chips don't show too much if I don't get to repainting them. I also paint my toes this color. During the summer, sometimes I go for red. I don't like dark colors on my fingers. My fingernails are a medium length. Not short but not too long either. If they get too long they get in the way of cooking, gardening, cleaning and doing my hair!
[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]~Audrey Hepburn[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=royalblue]We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=royalblue]~ Native American Saying~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
ShanaMaidela is offline   Reply With Quote