Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2006, 05:46 AM   #41
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Very well Amber. I wonder how i wasnt able to put these similar thoughts of mine into words.
There is indeed a huge difference between ageing naturally and ageing from neglected and carelessness for your health.
Wrinkles are supposed to come doesnt mean you dont use sunblock or take care of your skin. Take a little extra care because facial skin is most visible and most exposed to the environment, then come your hands. So they need extra care.
Wrinkles are due to loosened support of the collagen under your skin which can get loosened before time if its not taken care of and not well treated. So taking care of that wouldnt necessarily mean you are worried sick of ageing.
I personally appreciate women who take acre of their skin, eat good food and try to keep themselves young. By young i mean healtheir, more supple and radiant. Not having a healthy lifestyle and just using some cosmetics to hide your wrinkles is not antiageing.
Ageing is a whole process, involving your internal, external and psychological spheres. So you cant aim to keep one part young while neglecting the rest.
Antiageing is also a whole process, involving your entire lifestyle.
This thread was highlighting ways to help the skin alone. Probably i should start one about anti-ageing for the whole body too.
Thanks to all who have shared their views and ideas about ageing and anti-agieng.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ursula
It is utterly pointless and impossible to look your age down to the year. Don't stress yourself trying. Beyond general good health, don't stress about "anti-aging." Too often, people miss out on the pleasures of life, an occasional drink, the warmth of the sun on your face, etc. just to try and stay young looking. Focus on living your life, rather than living to try and control how you look.
You are right Ursula. No one can stop their normal joy-worthy activities of life to slow ageing. Infact the joy of these things will actually help to relax you and stay younger and healthier longer. I'd love to bask in the warm sunlight early morning or late evening with a good novel in my hand or a cuppa tea with friends. That would be sooooooo good!! Im happy mentioned you about such a wonderful activity in your post.
Happy graceful ageing ladies.

Last edited by naj : June 15th, 2006 at 05:49 AM.
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #42
Igor
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula
It is utterly pointless and impossible to look your age down to the year. Don't stress yourself trying. Beyond general good health, don't stress about "anti-aging." Too often, people miss out on the pleasures of life, an occasional drink, the warmth of the sun on your face, etc. just to try and stay young looking. Focus on living your life, rather than living to try and control how you look.
Ah, Ursula… You have such a wonderful way to write things and cut to the bone :applauds:

But to answer the question… I’ve tried a few anti-aging creams but found that 99% of them are just too fat for my skin type. I think it’s more important to match what your skin needs instead of trying to combat aging
I’ve found one anti-aging night cream I liked though, and since it costs the same as my usual night cream I thought “Why not” and buys that one instead. My skin likes it just fine. After all, most people recommend using anti-aging creams from your mid twenties *shrugs*

Another helpful little note: Large sunglasses not only protect your eyes, but also protect the sensitive eye area from UV rays!
Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #43
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Welcome to TBB Igor!Thanks for your suggestion. Looks like i need to invest on a pair of sunglasses. Good for my eyes if not the skin.Hahah!
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #44
Igor
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj
Welcome to TBB Igor!Thanks for your suggestion. Looks like i need to invest on a pair of sunglasses. Good for my eyes if not the skin.Hahah!
Naj

Thanks! It’s good to be here!

(And we all love an excuse to buy new sunglasses *ahem*)
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #45
golden_gal
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyela
Yeah, but the way we perceive age is different from what it used to be. Most women start greying in their 30s and 40s for example, but the 40-year-olds I know who have grey hair are perceived as much older, regardless of lines. Everyone is so used to women dyeing their hair when it starts to change that they automatically think 'old' when they see it. It's the same way with wrinkles. A lot of women work hard to keep the lines away, so those who don't are perceived as older.

I don't know if it makes any sense at all, but my point is that how others perceive you won't always be the same. As long as YOU feel comfortable in your own skin, it doesn't mtter what anyone else thinks.
Actually, that makes perfect sense! I've always thought that too.

It's a bit odd, really. When we are young, we want to look older. But when we get older, we want to look younger.
golden_gal is offline   Reply With Quote