Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #21
naj
Dazzling Beauty

I use an spf 30 sunblock,exfoliate once or twice a week and apply aloe gel under eyes in the day and almond oil at night.
I dont use glasses since im rarely outdoors.
Thank you all for your responses.
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #22
Hedera
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5of10
Thank you. I thought I was alone with this opinion.

Thirded.

Ageing is going to happen no matter what, at the usual rate: one day per 24 hours.

(most of how old you look at a certain age is determined by genetics anyway, not by any outside factors)
Hedera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #23
Nastasska
Enticing Beauty

Location: On the day of the dead when the year too dies must the youngest open the oldest hills

I don't want to look any older than I have to.This is a sensitive thing for me I feel I had my youth robbed from me by having such bad acne for so long and now I finally look halfway decent I don't want to be thought of as old.I'll fight looking "old" all the way by whatever means available
I can't get back the years the acne stole from me but I don't have look like I went straight from childhood to middle age
Nastasska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #24
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid
Nothing...I should actually age a little bit. Everyone in real life that I know says I look like I am 17. I'm almost 21 and I am going to bet I will get carded a lot when I go out for my b-day. I blame the lack of overdoing it with makeup and having my hair all one length.

Same here..I have to show my ID everywhere to proove Im an adult
Teenage boys have crushs one me and coworkers cracking up when they hear Im married
And Im turning 24 soon
It has good sides though I can ride the bus with the kids ticket 0_0

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #25
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

Just thought of one part of me aging way too fast - my legs. Circulatory problems run in my family, but spider veins starting at 15 is a little much, I think. I'm going to get those looked at someday...
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #26
walkinglady
Untouched Beauty

Default When to start on anti-ageing products

There is one thing I am not reading here when it comes to aging and skin care. Drink lots and lots of water! It is the best piece of advice, outside of exercise, I could give to anyone. Water keeps the skin hydrated from the inside, it is so important to healthy looking skin. Exercise (including facial) keeps muscles toned. Your skin will still age but you will have excellent muscle tone so your skin will not sag nearly as much. One last thought, don't think to much about ageing, it just makes it happen faster!
walkinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #27
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinglady
There is one thing I am not reading here when it comes to aging and skin care. Drink lots and lots of water! It is the best piece of advice, outside of exercise, I could give to anyone. Water keeps the skin hydrated from the inside, it is so important to healthy looking skin. Exercise (including facial) keeps muscles toned. Your skin will still age but you will have excellent muscle tone so your skin will not sag nearly as much. One last thought, don't think to much about ageing, it just makes it happen faster!

Now you're gonna give everyone wrinkles as they make silly faces thinking about not thinking about aging

But that is excellent advice...and it has made me thirsty.

I used to be in the great habit of drinking at least 3 20 oz bottles of water a day but that stopped for some reason

I really need to get back in the habit- being well hydrated is good for so much more than the skin!!
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #28
nicolezoie
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj
I love to look like my age, not older.

Curious, what is any age supposed to look like? Granted, I don't want to look like a wrinkled baseball mit, but I don't want to look like a kid either. For the amount of time I spent in the sun as a kid, I ought to have alot worse off skin than I do, but all things considered, at almost 30 I get mistaken for early 20s regularly, which isn't a bad thing.

I wear 50spf while biking. If not biking, I use 30spf. And, my bike helmet has a visor. I won't leave home without some kind of sunblock on my face anymore. This is what has helped prevent any new lines from forming. I'm olive complected, so that helps a little. And, I drink at least a gallon of water daily.

ETA: I see you're from India, so things may be different where you are, but in America, I think we've all become waaaay too youth-obsessed, and it ain't natural to look 20 at 40.

When to start on anti-aging products? I don't really think they're all THAT necessary. However, sunblock and a good moisturizer are integral to keeping your skin supple and protected.

Last edited by nicolezoie : June 13th, 2006 at 11:51 PM.
nicolezoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #29
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

The minute you start worrying about it is the minute you should hit the anti-ageing products. If nothing else than for the peace of mind and stress release that goes with it. Stress is notorious for ageing people.

I love lines. I think they're beautiful and the day I notice crows feet on myself is a day I'll open a bottle of champagne. My nana used to tell me that she loved her lines because she earned them and because of that I've always looked at them with a positive mind. I also can't wait until I get my red hat.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #30
golden_gal
Natural Beauty

Wonderful thread...I've been thinking about this recently. I don't even use sunblock (and I live in the tropics!!) so my half year resolution (yea, odd, I know) is to use sunblock everyday.

I'll be reading this thread for more info. Thanks gals (and guys, if any)!!
golden_gal is offline   Reply With Quote