Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #11
lizzernog
Raw Beauty

My mom works in skin care at a spa (and previously a plastic surgeon's office) and she would certainly agree that microdermabrasion or any sort of professional facial really helps clear up some of the nastiness and from there you can start to control it on your own. If you want to treat yourself and make yourself feel good and help your skin out, it's a good thing.

Would this egg recipe work well on my chin? I have horrible big blackheads that I can easily squeeze out but sometimes the skin gets irritated. Though my mom does facials, I feel weird about being her experiment platform
lizzernog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #12
Charmed1
Untouched Beauty

I am fifty and still get blackheads on my nose!!!! I have found in the last year that Azelaic Acid (a prescription) makes a huge difference with my pores and my blackheads. (pores are smaller).
Please ~ don't squeeze too hard ~ I got my first scar from squeezing in January, I guess I was too intent on removing the blackhead.
I hope that with the Azelaic Acid, I will eliminate blacheads and have no need to squeeze. (so far, so good).
Charmed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #13
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Lizzernog, can I borrow your mom for an afternoon? I'd be happy to be her guinea pig!

I used the egg on my nose, chin & forehead. I haven't seen any difference, but I'll give it a few tries before trying anything else.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #14
lizzernog
Raw Beauty

Get in line! All of my firends want to steal her first (not to mention she does makeup on the side. She's hot stuff in my area!).

Hmmm. Anybody else give it a try yet? Like I said, I'm curious but I'd like to hear more impressions.
lizzernog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #15
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Well, I've had one good facial and two lousy ones. You really get what you pay for! The good one was worth every penny, but I didn't know how to keep up my skin after that and so in that sense, it was rather a waste. Unfortunately, I can't afford either microdermabrasion or a facial... so I'm in need of a cure I can do myself, at home, without spending a lot of cash

I dont' ask for much, do I?
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #16
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I have been doing OCM using jojoba oil and grapeseed oil 75% jojoba and 25% grapeseed oil. I have also been doing facial masks with French Green Clay which really pulls out all the gunk and the blackheads and also doing asprin masks. I had quite a few blackheads on my nose and some on my chin and forehead and they are now gone and my pores look smaller.

I OCM daily after I wash my face with Chagrin Valley Soap then while my face is still damp apply the oil work that in and wipe off with a warm wet facial cloth. I don't use cool or cold water on my face at all just warm water.
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #17
Elerxia
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCat
I have been doing OCM using jojoba oil and grapeseed oil 75% jojoba and 25% grapeseed oil. I have also been doing facial masks with French Green Clay which really pulls out all the gunk and the blackheads and also doing asprin masks. I had quite a few blackheads on my nose and some on my chin and forehead and they are now gone and my pores look smaller.

I OCM daily after I wash my face with Chagrin Valley Soap then while my face is still damp apply the oil work that in and wipe off with a warm wet facial cloth. I don't use cool or cold water on my face at all just warm water.
SunCat, how long have you been doing your OCM/clay/aspirin masks that you saw a difference? Sometimes I try one thing and if I don't see results within a few days I get frustrated and move on to something else. But maybe if I knew it took a while to get things under control I'd have more patience!
Elerxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #18
kissme
Raw Beauty

I remember reading in LHC back then that 1 tablespoon of gelatin mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk powder had work.
kissme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #19
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

Tried the egg white thingy. Hmm, not a huge visible difference, but I was really tired. I'll probably do it again tonight.
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #20
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind
Tried the egg white thingy. Hmm, not a huge visible difference, but I was really tired. I'll probably do it again tonight.

I, for one, will be waiting on your results!

I want to try but there is no honey in this house (... which is insane!! What type of house doesn't have honey?? I'll have to put it on the grocery list)

I have the same thing with blackheads on my nose, though the couple of times I OCMed cleared them up a bit.

Suncat- quickie question..does OCMing with jojoba and grapeseed do anything for that suffocating feeling that comes with having castor and evoo on your face?
[CENTER][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6050_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6050_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6001_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6001_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote