Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #11
saracuda
Sparkling Beauty

I wanna try! I wonder if it really works...
saracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #12
Calista
Alluring Beauty

Well, youd better wait until somebody has sorted out my little problem. Right now the stuff looks as though I could mix it with water and get a lovely lemonade...
Calista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:07 AM   #13
saracuda
Sparkling Beauty

My little leg hairs are so white you can't see them anyway! I'd just like to sugar so I have smooth legs.
saracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #14
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calista
Well, youd better wait until somebody has sorted out my little problem. Right now the stuff looks as though I could mix it with water and get a lovely lemonade...
Mmmm, sounds yummy! But that probably wasn't the answer you were looking for.
I found this recipie on
Pioneer Thinking, maybe it'll work better?

Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • Half a lemon for the juice
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • A little bit of Molasses if you have any like a drizzle
  • Cornstarch (to powder with for tautness making it more effective)
  • Something to spread the mixture with like a tongue depressor, popsicle stick, cheese spreader or spatula.
  • Cotton fabric (any old thing you can find or buy some strips at a store)

Mix lemon, sugar, and honey in a bowl. Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes, until it bubbles into a smooth consistency. I find this a lot simpler then turning on the stove, but it would be safer if you watched over the heat on the stove. If you use the stove use LOW heat. Now move away from the mixture and go do something while it cools a little down so you can touch it safely. A little bit warmer though is better though to use.

Microwave it for 20 seconds if you find the need to. The NADS commercial said re heating isnt necessary, but its no big deal doing so and I find it is necessary as all sugaring products do need just a little heating.

Make sure your legs or where ever you wish to place it is clean and dry. Then dust area with cornstarch so its more effective as it draws out oil. Spread a thin layer on your leg. Cover with a strip of fabric, and rubbing the strip the opposite way of hair growth, about 3 times.

Grab the fabric end and pull it off very quickly against the direction of the hair growth or the other way if you wish. It will hurt, but after awhile its a lot less painful. Im sure youre strong enough to withstand pain. Reheat the mix if it gets too hard to spread. This stores for a long time. I just use a vitamin E face cream container thats plastic since thats fairly big which costs only a buck at the dollar store. Just make sure it's clean and oil free. You could also use a glass jar as well.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #15
Calista
Alluring Beauty

Thanks snowbear - I see your recipe has got even less liquid to it than eiyelas and way less than mine.

I just boiled the stuff again for quite some time, and I think now its more like it should be. Ill report back presently.
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #16
Calista
Alluring Beauty

Ooooooookaaaaayyyyyy...

I tried to use the stuff last night, but obviously it still wasnt - uhm, solid enough, so I boiled it again this a.m. Now it is very, very sticky (ok, thats the point about the whole thing, isnt it?). I can hardly spread it on my legs. Then I place a strip of cotton cloth on top, massage a little and pull. Ouch! All hairs removed. BUT I cannot spread it really thin, so I need a lot of sugar for a tiny patch of skin. Also I cannot use the strip twice in a row - it just wont pull out any more hairs. Not sure if that is because it is too cold already or if the sugar is "saturated" with hairs (I dont think so actually - plenty of room left for more hairs to be caught). I need to rewarm the whole pot frequently (after each strip as a matter of fact). The whole process is ultra-messy, too - long wisps of sugar everywhere, like little bits of spider web.

Any more suggestions, guys? Im almost ready to return to shaving.

ETA: The stuff also removed my fake tan.
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #17
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

The one and only time I tried sugaring it left my skin red and bleeding was was very painful. I used Nads and sent it back the next day. I am not into pain for vain.
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #18
BBGrrl
Radiant Beauty

Yes this stuff takes off fake tan very well. You can make it less sticky with less lemon juice. I can't help with the strips. I have never sugared that way. It thickens up by cooking it on low heat. I can pull out my training book if you would like more info.
BBGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote