Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Default Trim on tuesday!

Hoping for the best. I am thinking of a U hem. Blunt would take way too much length off. Normally this would be in a blog post but I can't seem to access that.

At what length did it become less about the length for you, and more about a good appearance at all stages of the growing process?

Till this length I didn't really care so much what it looked like, because I knew it wasn't going to look that great anyways what with so many different lengths. Now that the shortest pieces seem to be about shoulder length, I feel like something can actually be done with it (without it doing the best human hedgehog impression Evah). We will see if I am correct in that, or if I should have waited another inch or so.

It is about BSL at the moment for reference.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM   #2
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
Hoping for the best. I am thinking of a U hem. Blunt would take way too much length off. Normally this would be in a blog post but I can't seem to access that.

At what length did it become less about the length for you, and more about a good appearance at all stages of the growing process?

Till this length I didn't really care so much what it looked like, because I knew it wasn't going to look that great anyways what with so many different lengths. Now that the shortest pieces seem to be about shoulder length, I feel like something can actually be done with it (without it doing the best human hedgehog impression Evah). We will see if I am correct in that, or if I should have waited another inch or so.

It is about BSL at the moment for reference.

Ooh! I love a U hem! I can't address the length part, because mine is shorter, and crazy--from growing a pixie. I'm planning my first trim this spring. (I had a "tail-ectomy" last spring about 6 weeks after I started growing.) My shortest pieces are about chin, but it's hard to tell!

Let us know how it comes out!
[COLOR=#a0522d]Hennaheaded[/COLOR]
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

The first time I grew to waist I was all about gaining length. I wasn't all that worried about health over length. I didn't really enjoy growing it out. I was way too focused on length only. I've grown to tailbone and cut back a ways 3 times and am growing again. This time I'm focusing on having fun with my hair while keeping it as health as I can.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I love my U shape. I've only had it blunt once and that was a mistake on the stylist's part, she cut my U off! It took me over a year to gain back those 3.5 "! My hair has become so thin near the bottom due to a massive three month tHyroid shed. But I still have more hair than a lot of folks so I'm not whining. I'm not so much into caring how long it gets, just so I don't have lots of splits. I do need a trim, so I'm thinking about 2" this time, with my tapered front trimmed up also. I've got quite a few new hairs coming in, so I'll deal with that as it comes.

I wanna see your new hair trim, be sure to post a pic please? **thank you for the NY's card** Muah! I've been low in spirit and that card sure boosted me up!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM   #5
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Browneyed susan, my hair was shorter than pixie and as you put it I had a tail-ectomy and then after that I just evened out the hem once in a while till I got to this

And this is the after!!

She straightened it and it looked so pretty! I am not about to go buy a straightener, but for a treat it was nice.

Carolyn, I think I too am at the point now where I want to be able to have fun with it and have it look nice as it grows. It seems like it should be enjoyed at all lengths (especially now that it is long enough to sort of do stuff with it! Haha)

Justy, I like my new U trim! Glad the card made it!
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #6
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

I am encouraged! My hair varies between "okay" and "dorky" at the moment, but yours looks divine! I love that hemline! Your waves are very pretty. It looks so shiny! Very classy.
[COLOR=#a0522d]Hennaheaded[/COLOR]
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #7
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Getting to shoulder was by far the worst part of the growing out so far for me. I did a hair up challenge that helped get me through the worst of it though. good luck!
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #8
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Frozen B-Love your U hem! Looks great
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #9
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Thank you!
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #10
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty