Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Isiliel
Untouched Beauty

Default Jojoba OCM?

I've just gotten my first little bottle of jojoba oil (expensive- $7 for 2 oz!!) I know it's good for your hair... but what aboout your skin? Would it be beneficial to add some to my usual EVOO or coconut oil that I use for OCM? Or should I put the idea out of my head immediatly?
Isiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I've done that, but I prefer to use coconut oil for my OCM. Makes cleanup easier.

I do use it as a moisturizer, though. I mix it with a little bit of aloe gel, and sometimes just a tad of lavender. Great stuff, light and doesn't make me break out.
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #3
dearladydisdain
Untouched Beauty

I definitely think that would work (I've heard of a lot of people using jojoba in their OCM, and on my jojoba oil it says "for hair, skin, and nails"). I actually use sweet almond oil instead of EVOO, and I like that.
dearladydisdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:22 AM   #4
TwirlyTresses
Raw Beauty

I don't do the OCM, but I love jojoba oil on my skin! I use it on my face as a moisturizer year round, under sunscreen. I use sweet almond oil on the rest of my skin since it's less expensive, but love jojoba on my face and hair.

Do you live near a Trader Joe's? They have Desert Essence jojoba at a much more reasonable price.
TwirlyTresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #5
peripheralvisionary
Natural Beauty

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I just started doing OCM and from what I read on the OCM method on LHC, people are using a variety of different oils in their OCM mixtures. I'm using predominantly EVOO with castor oil and coconut oil mixed in, and a couple drops of lavender EO. I use jojoba afterwards as my moisturizer.
[FONT=Bradley Hand ITC][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Don't forget the flowers at your feet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]Jeremy Bentham[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
peripheralvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #6
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I use jojoba oil both for OCM and as a facial moisturizer. I get mine at Mountain Rose Herbs (mountainroseherbs.com) they have excellent quality organic jojoba oil at a great price.

Sometimes I mix in grapeseed oil with jojoba oil.