Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default How to wrap nails?

Granted i am no nail expert but it cant possibly be this hard to wrap your nails. I keep reading how its the secret to minimize chipping but darn i cant figure it out . I wonder if its harder for me because of my eczema maybe? I do get alot of skin build up underneath, i trim enough to not look aweful but i cant trim it all out without it being rough and tender. Is there some trick im missing?
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Wrapping your tips makes your manicure look more finished and seals the tips of your nails, helps prolong the life of your polish and helps to protect your nails.

Dip into your polish and clean the polish off, leaving just a little bit. Run a fine bead along the free edge of your nail all the way across the nail. Now paint the nail plate as usual. As you polish your nail, you will smooth away any little bit of polish pooling at the tips.

Some experts will tell you to wrap your tips after you paint your nail, I like to do it first so that I can get it all smooth and nice. I wrap my tips with all of the coats I apply, base coat, polish, top coat.
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie Girl
Wrapping your tips makes your manicure look more finished and seals the tips of your nails, helps prolong the life of your polish and helps to protect your nails.

Dip into your polish and clean the polish off, leaving just a little bit. Run a fine bead along the free edge of your nail all the way across the nail. Now paint the nail plate as usual. As you polish your nail, you will smooth away any little bit of polish pooling at the tips.

Some experts will tell you to wrap your tips after you paint your nail, I like to do it first so that I can get it all smooth and nice. I wrap my tips with all of the coats I apply, base coat, polish, top coat.

Well thats a start i was doing it in the wrong order! I did the bed first then tips :doh: lol. I wrapped with my base and top since the polish is a pearl land i dont want to make it streak. Thus far ok did an hours worth of dishes and only a litle tip wear. I think i will put another clear coat on my dominant hand tonight just to be safe.
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

If you don't want to wrap with the colour of polish that you're using, I find it works better to use a clear polish when you would've wrapped with the colour, instead of missing that step out completely. Gives it that extra layer of polish on the tips which makes it last just a little bit longer.
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

I wrapped my dominant hand last night in odt to see if it will help re-enforce it i figure an extra layer of clear cant hurt.