Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Default Effective Skin Care Tip

The past few nights I've gotten somewhere around 9 hours sleep nightly. I made a point of going to bed about 10 hours before I want to awaken in the morning. I read, or listen to music, or just have quiet time, whatever ...

At any rate, rather than the roughly 7.5 to 8 hours, I've been getting 9 hours sleep. Day one, it looked better, but now on day three, I can't believe the difference. I've always been a water drinker, so it's not a matter of hydration, though that's certainly important, too.

Maybe you youngins can still look pretty good with less sleep, but I'm willing to bet that any of us past a certain age, if you can manage the time, will be pleasantly surprised at how much better you look.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM   #2
device
Dazzling Beauty

What a great observation! I bet you are right... I know how much older I look when I'm tired. It's not just dark cirlces or bags under my eyes; my skin just looks worn, if you know what I mean.

Now I have yet another reason to aim for more sleep! Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

So, the phrase "beauty sleep" is really ringing true!
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #4
stargurl84
Untouched Beauty

8-10 hours of sleep are good for you for so many different reasons. Not only does it help your skin, sleep helps regenerate everything in your body from skin to muscles
stargurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

I think that I'm getting benefit just from the extra hour relaxing, whether I fall asleep quickly or not. My normal sleep seems to be somewhere in the 8 or 9 hour range, depending on what was going on during the day. But by spending the extra time relaxing, my skin is looking better, the darkness under my eyes is much more faded, and the fine lines around my eyes are not as noticeable, even if I get less than 8 hours sleep.
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #6
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

Good advice!
Very simple, but often over looked.
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote