Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #11
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

I'm primarily WO. My skin is clearer when I don't use a lot of chemical-laden products.
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #12
Quixotica
Raw Beauty

I use WO on my face, and it's pretty much cleared up my acne. Good stuff, it is!

[CENTER][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]~~Virginia Woolf[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/www.audrey-kawasaki.com"][/URL] [/CENTER]
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #13
meliora
Dazzling Beauty

I have very oily skin, and I have been trying WO in the mornings for about 10 days. My skin is already less oily, and I don't wake up shiny with visible oil on my skin. In the evening I use a gentle cleanser. This routine does help in reducing oiliness, which I am very happy about!

I have a question though. Would the skin still be clean with WO? I am saying "clean", not stripped with synthetic products, because during the day dirt and pollution get on the skin. Wouldn't that be harmful to it too? Or am I misunderstanding something? How would WO take care of that?
meliora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #14
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I often used WO for my morning face wash. I think my face is clean since I'm not taking off make up in the morning. I use a clean wash cloth with the water and I think that gets off any over night oils and dead skin cells. If you face feels clean it probably is. I think we are so used to the feeling of using soap or some type of stripping cleanser, that it's hard to get used to the feeling WO leaves.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #15
unaspenser
Natural Beauty

I am primarily WO. I use a washcloth and give a good scrub. Once in a while if I'm feeling like my pores need tightening up I'll do an OCM, and I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub about once a week. My skin's just been crummy since I was about 13 or 14, but WO and being on birth control seem to be the way to make the best of a bad situation. Bleh. I guess I could see it as a good thing that most of the bad cysts are on my chest/back, but I hate those too. Oh, to have loads of money to see a dermatologist...

Anyway, yes, WO (with a good scrub) works for me!
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #16
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

WO is a great way to go. Once you get used to it, the oil production will slow down and you'll notice that your face isn't as greasy as it once was.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM   #17
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I apologize, I'm bumping an old thread . . .

I WO on my face. Anything else dries me out really badly on my forhead and on my cheeks near my nose (not really a T-zone). Every now and then I'll put olive oil on my face/neck/chest before getting into the shower, then I rinse it "off" at the end of the shower. Other times I put honey on the same locations. Neither oil nor honey have had a positive effect on my skin, so I only do it because it seems like it should be good for me.
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:04 PM   #18
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

I use water only on my face and used to use certain cleansers off and on for years. Ever since I went exclusively WO on my face, I don't get pimples or dry skin or any problems at all. I love it. I'm not much of a makeup wearer though, so this helps that I don't have a lot to wash off of my face.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:11 PM   #19
manderly
Alluring Beauty

My skin has magically cleared and become so beautiful since WO with the skinvac cloths.

I recently used some CV soap on my face, then some Philosophy cleanser, thinking "Oh, a little soap once and a while should be good", nope, my skin has broken out a little and it rough. Ick.

I'm working on getting it back to its gorgeous self with just water and moisturizer & emu oil.
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM   #20
manderly
Alluring Beauty

P.S. - Amanaka is the Hawaiian version of my name, Amanda....is that where you got it?
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote