Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #21
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I use 4 uncoated asprin, put them in the palm of my hand then add some aloe vera gel to disolve the asprin working the aloe in with the asprin than add more aloe vera gel to make a paste. The first time I tried the asprin mask I used honey and as soon as it hit may face it melted all over so the next time I used aloe vera gel and it works fine.

It is hard to find uncoated asprin, I bought the Safeway brand that says uncoated but I find there is still a very thin coating on them but they do disolve right away.
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #22
severina
Untouched Beauty

I found a tiny mortar & pestle at the dollar section of Target that I use to crush my aspirin. When I tried this with honey and another time with just water, it seemed too runny and when it dried, it flaked off all over (and made me sneeze). I have had good luck mixing my crushed aspirin with plain yogurt. Actually, this thread reminded me it's been a while since I've done a mask, so I have one on right now!

Severina
severina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #23
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

I use about 5 uncoated aspirin, and dot each one with warm water. In a few moments they will be soft enough to mash up. Then I add a little bit more water and some honey to make a paste. The last one I did, I left it on for about 30 minutes. I need to remember to do them more regularly! I also use it to exfoliate when washing it off.
wonderlywroughte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #24
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

I use BC Powders, but I've got to be careful to buy the right one, one kind has aspirin in it, the other one has acetaminophen. It's great because they are already crushed up LOL. I always sneeze when wearing this mask too.
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #25
Amber
Natural Beauty

Lol. I tried this for the first time tonight, but added too much water and ended up with asprin liquid, not asprin mush.

Funnily enough, they were the last two asperin in the house. All we had left after that were paracetamol, which I figured wouldn't exactly work the same on skin!
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #26
13bodies
Raw Beauty

I use 3-5 "lightly coated aspirin" from Big Lots since I can't find the uncoated kind. I crush them with a mortar and pestle and mix with enough honey to make the mixture runny and spread on clean dry skin.

When the honey smell makes me really hungry and I can't help tasting the mask (honey or no honey, crushed aspirin is ick ) I rinse it off with warm water and use a Biore strip on my nose to remove blackheads. It works very well.

I'm with severina--it's been ages since I've done an aspirin mask. Thanks for reminding me.
Old June 16th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #27
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

I just tried this with about 5 aspirin and water. I think I need honey because I'm guessing it'd make it easier to apply/have it stick.

It made my skin really soft..and I swear it made some blackheads on my nose more visible

I didn't leave it on very long so I'll try again in a few days and leave it on longer..and hopefully have honey
[CENTER][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6050_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6050_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6001_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6001_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #28
naj
Dazzling Beauty

What if i want to use baby aspirin. Do i follow the same procedure-dissolve in water or honey and apply, wait wash?
Planning to do it tonight..
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #29
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Yes, it's the same procedure.
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #30
naj
Dazzling Beauty

thanks eiyela.**goes off to make the scrub**
Naj
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote