Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #11
TheFragile
Raw Beauty

Oh, that reminds me... first batch I made up the other day I tried using orange coated aspirin, thinking that it would just dissolve and it would be no big deal. Well, it did dissolve, but I was stirring it up with my finger, and it dyed my finger bright orange. So I did a patch test and that dyed orange too. Not even like fake tan orange, like oompa loompa orange. My hand has been washed many times since, and its still got a nice carroty tint to it. So be advised, if your going to use coated aspirin, do a patch test first.
TheFragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #12
Ally
Untouched Beauty

Do they really make orange coated asprin? Wow...that'd be interesting the next morning.
Why is your skin orange? Because I put asprin on it....
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 10:07 PM   #13
Clare-Dragonfly
Alluring Beauty

I don't think I've ever seen aspirin with a colored coating! Mine is just coated white. I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference between the white coating and my skin
Clare-Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #14
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I love these, but always have a devil of a time getting them to disolve. Haven't done one in a couple of years...I wonder if I have any aspirin in the cabinet...

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #15
Ama
Untouched Beauty

I couldn't get it to desove completely so I poured some into a coffee grinder. I then put the powder in a little container and keep it in the bathroom. I just pour some powder in my palm, add some aloe gel and apply. It works great. I've yet to see uncoated aspirin but some *look* like they are uncoated but are still coated.
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #16
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

I've never been able to get the stuff to stay on my face. The recipe I tried had asprin, water and honey, but but said to heat the asprin and water to dissolve faster. Then add the honey. The problem was, the honey melted in the hot water, and the stuff ran down my face. I think I'm going to try it with aloe - that might work better.
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #17
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind
I've never been able to get the stuff to stay on my face. The recipe I tried had asprin, water and honey, but but said to heat the asprin and water to dissolve faster. Then add the honey. The problem was, the honey melted in the hot water, and the stuff ran down my face. I think I'm going to try it with aloe - that might work better.

My aloe always melts from the aspirin! It dissolves the jelly making schtuffs. I always melt my aspirin in a quarter teaspoon of water, then add it to the honey. That way it's already dissolved when it gets in there and doesn't drip.

And, as a matter of fact, it also works in 30 degrees Celsius! It's pretty hot in the sun, and I just did a 30 min mask. Thanks for reminding me, ladies.
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #18
LittleFlower
Alluring Beauty

I just did this today. 3 aspirin crushed with a trickle of water and a squirt of honey. Even the very little water I used was too much as it became really watery when I added the honey But I was still able to apply it and the excess water evaporated within a few minutes. I left the mask on for 15mins then moistened my fingers and lightly exfoliated with it. I used a little bit of cleanser to wash it off just to be sure it was all removed. My skin was very soft after that I moisturized with a drop of coconut oil, then all done!
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#8b0000]~LittleFlower :flower:[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
LittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #19
Josephine
Untouched Beauty

I use the uncoated aspirin, but also crush it. Then I mix it with some aloe with melts a bit. It's still somewhat gritty, but I use that to exfoliate when I'm done.
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #20
killerswallow
Untouched Beauty

I used one of these last night. I usually mix 2 pills with some LOTD aloe gel and 2 drops of TTO.

I had an annoying headless zit on my right cheek that was there for weeks, but when I woke up today I realized the mask managed to bring it to a head! Squee!