Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 11th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Ally
Untouched Beauty

Default Asprin Masks

There was one at LHC, and it was pretty useful, so I figured I'd start one here.
How do you make your asprin masks, and how long do you leave it on? How long do you do it...etc.

I use about three asprin, and some Castor Oil in mine, and leave it one for at least 25 minutes (depending on how much time I have).
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #2
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I just use one aspirin, dissolve it in a few drops of water and add honey. I like the honey base, because not only does it make a great mask on its own, it doesn't drip and it keeps the aspirin from flaking off!
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #3
TwirlyTresses
Raw Beauty

I make mine with about 3 aspirin and LOTD aloe gel. I leave it on until it gets dry enough to start flaking off. Love it!
TwirlyTresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #4
Amber
Natural Beauty

What does the asprin mask do for your skin?
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #5
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

It's a great exfoliant, and good for acne. Some people with rosacea have reported improvement in their skin's condition too, with less redness.
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #6
Amber
Natural Beauty

Thanks Eiyela! I'll definately have to try it. How often are you supposed to use one?
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #7
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I use it maybe once a week when I remember to. But that's very individual. I know some people do a very short mask (5 minutes or so) every day or every other day, and they love it. I prefer doing a longer one once a week instead. I do notice that when I go really long, for an hour, that my skin is just a little bit tender afterwards, but it's a very mild mask.
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #8
Amber
Natural Beauty

Awesome, thanks for that info Eiyela!
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #9
TheFragile
Raw Beauty

I just did my first one yesterday. I used 6 aspirin dissolved into a little bit of hot water.

The castor oil idea is intriguing, sort of like a combination between the mask and the OCM. I think I'll try that next time, because I was looking for something to thicken up the mixture. Last night I sneezed while wearing the mask and thought it started snowing.
TheFragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #10
Clare-Dragonfly
Alluring Beauty

I've never managed to get the aspirin to dissolve--possibly because all I have is coated aspirin--so I grind it up with my mortar and pestle. Next time I need to try adding a little honey, I bet that will smell nice.
Clare-Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote