Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:46 AM   #1
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

Default Empire waisted shirt question

Hi there, folks with good taste. DH just bought me one of those shirts with an empire waist, where the lower part of it is drapey and skirt-like. It falls to my upper thighs. The fabric is slightly shiny and looks kind of dressy. What kind of pants or skirt would I wear this with? Thanks in advance!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM   #2
LittleFlower
Alluring Beauty

What a nice husband Most empire waist tops I've seen are paired with pants. I would personally go for black pants in a heavy material that drapes well, in a slight bootcut. But depending on the colour of your shirt you could possibly match it with neutrals, dark blue, brown or white. Even jeans maybe. How 'bout a picture?
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#8b0000]~LittleFlower :flower:[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
LittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM   #3
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

Yay, I have some black pants exactly like you describe! The only potential problem is that the shirt is light (pink, actually) and may be thin enough that the dark pants will show through. I'll try it and see if it looks okay. Maybe I'll get DH to take a hair picture of me wearing it.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM   #4
talullah
Sparkling Beauty

I'd avoid a skirt. If the top is that long and drapey, the added drapeyness of a skirt would be too much. It just wouldn't give you any shape; too much fabric flopping around.

I like to wear shiny/dressy tops with nice jeans, to make it a bit more casual. Depends on where you're going, though. That sounds like a top that could be dressed up or down easily.

And yes, we need pics.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #5
LittleFlower
Alluring Beauty

My general rule of thumb is to pair a loose top with fitted bottoms or vice versa but never both at the same time (I'm sure there are exceptions but I can't think of any at the moment!). You can't go wrong with this.
[I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#8b0000]~LittleFlower :flower:[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
LittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #6
pookatrina
Dazzling Beauty

Denim capri's might look nice if you want to go casual. Also if the black are too dark try a white instead.
pookatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #7
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

Thanks for all the suggestions. (Pookatrina, now I wish I had some white denim. It would probably go well with this. ) I wore the top last night with some of my better jeans. DH thought it looked good. I guess I don't really like this drapey style on myself, but I'll wait until he takes pictures before deciding for certain. Sometimes things look different in pictures than in the mirror.
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #8
Juliet's Silk
Raw Beauty

Jeans would have been my suggestion as well... but I wear *everything* paired with jeans.
Lucky you that you can pull off an empire waist... I think they look soo cute!
Old May 6th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #9
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Ohhhhh light pink would go so well with white jeans, you really need some, don't you? *shopping, shhhhhh* And light pink with your dark gorgeous hair, just lovely! Hurry with a pic!
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #10
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Boot cut jeans or jean capri's would be good with your top. Also the same for white denim. If you wanted to go with the black, you could do a black bra top cami under your pink top. Then you wouldn't have a defined line where your jeans stop and whatever color you are wearing under your pink top begins. You would have one color underneath your pink top. I hope I am explaining this well. Don't forget the cute shoes and bag to go with your cute top.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote