Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #21
Igor
Untouched Beauty

I Hünkemĝller
They have lots of cute bras in my size and are nice and cheap. Perhaps the only place I dont bother to check the price but just picks out what I like
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #22
Phantasmagoria
Sparkling Beauty

Heh, this is a little rant-y.
I hate bra shopping. I'm an A, and it seems like every bra maker out there wants to put PADDING in A cups. It's like they automatically assume anyone in that size is insecure about their girls.
That said, the only thing I've found that comes close to being decent is Maidenform or Lily of France.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #23
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I wear Body by Victoria Victoria's Secret bras. The shaping ones because they hide my, um, piercings rather well. Lately, though (for the past few months, actually), I've been wearing my running bra non-stop because the straps don't stretch and it works as a minimizer. I'm a 36 DD, so I can use all of the support I can get.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #24
Birchbark
Untouched Beauty

Phantasmagoria, I KNOW! What is up with that? Sometimes, a padded bra is nice (I love my underwireless add-a-size from maidenform), but not ALWAYS, plus the non-padded bras in that size are always boring colors. I can't like my boobies the way they are AND want them colorful? grrrrr.

I also like Gilligan OMalley, but I've been wearing my fruit of the loom 3 for $10 sports-ish bras because stupid bcp is making my boobs grow.

I tend to buy bras when I'm at home, as my mother understands (and will fund) the evil of underwear shopping, and then I have someone to go "Why do they not have normal bras? I don't want them to look like cupcakes!" at. There was once this huge pale green padded bra that I compared to the Dr. Suess story about the pale green pants with nobody inside them, and that's become a running joke. I'm so glad I'm more comfortable with my body than I was a few years ago. . .
Birchbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #25
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

I'm a 32DD, I don't really have a favorite brand but I really love microfiber.
I don't like padding or lining, although a little cotton lining or double microfiber in the cups are nice.
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #26
Stephanie
Aphrodite

Yeeeeessss...microfiber makes the boobies very happy.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #27
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie
Yeeeeessss...microfiber makes the boobies very happy.

I love it. I used to have bras that has this microfiber- it was so soft- better than silk. I'm looking for more. The best is, they are better than t shirt bras in my opinion because they are so smooth- there isn't any lines or bumps just smooth shape.

Next- getting a microfiber strapless
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #28
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

That's good to know about the microfiber, it is starting to get hot here in Texas and I was worried, I always wore cotton bras before.

I will say that the microfiber panties aren't quite as nice as cotton in the Texas heat...

EDIT: oh wait, maybe you all didn't mean that it was cooler, just that it is very soft and comfortable. Oh well, I will be testing microfiber bras against the heat this summer.

Last edited by Dulci : June 30th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #29
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Dulci, I actually have a silicone pad that works well, but it makes me sweaty! I have to wear pushups anyway, and the pad fills in the space. I just need new boobs, that's all If it wasn't for the health risks and the expense, I'd have implants. Seriously. I hate my breasts like you wouldn't believe.
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #30
Niniane
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchbark
Phantasmagoria, I KNOW! What is up with that? Sometimes, a padded bra is nice (I love my underwireless add-a-size from maidenform), but not ALWAYS, plus the non-padded bras in that size are always boring colors. I can't like my boobies the way they are AND want them colorful? grrrrr.

SERIOUSLY! That's part of the reason I just don't go into dept stores any more, if there's anything that fits me it's both ugly and majorly padded! And molded cups don't fit right as they're always too narrow and too deep. I thought I was relegated to camisoles for anything cute until I went to the little shop by my work, the lady found me some gorgeous bras that fit like a glove!

I've had much better luck with european brands than american ones, who seem to think that boobs smaller than a 34B don't really exist

I haven't bought anything from them, but AA Lingerie carries some cute stuff.
Niniane is offline   Reply With Quote