Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 19th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #1
wavebaby
Dazzling Beauty

Default Yay!

Thanks to Meezer for suggesting this board, and thanks to Steph for creating it so quickly!!

So I guess I 'll start things rolling. What are your summer staples, must-haves, can't do-withouts?

Some of mine are
1) black leather thong sandals (sophisticated flip flops )
2) regular flip flop in neutral colors like white, navy, oilive , etc
3) good white T's, at least 3...I find white yellows quickly
4) skorts!!! I don't really like me in shorts, unless I am jogging, so these give me the best of both worlds, and they are easier to dress up a bit than regular shorts...I find them more comfy also
5) sunglasses, fashionable & sporty. i have a pair of good ones that look dressy, and my Oakleys for running, etc
4) a straw tote, goes with everything, nice & big

there's more, but the above are pretty important for me to have, they get me through the summer

OOOh, how could i forget skirts! loving the knee-length floaty ones...I have 3 now, but plan to get more if I see any that I really love. they look beautiful with T's or tanks and can be dressed up or down.

Last edited by wavebaby : June 19th, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
wavebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #2
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

Oh awesome!! Board is up already...so cool

First of all-
wavebaby I love skorts!!

Secondly

-Flip flops that I was enabled to get by Wind. The boy hates them but they are so comfy and much better than sneakers.

-shorts. I need more as I only have a pair of olive green khaki's and a pair of jean shorts that I've had since 7th grade.

-lots of tank tops and cami's with built in bras. They are just so comfortable and cute and great for summer

-swim suit

-and although this isn't completely 'summer' since I need them to see- my eyeglasses. They are transition lenses so I need 'em for the sunglass effect.

*fake edit*
-hair sticks/forks/scroos/claws etc. I would die over the summer if I didn't have easy, quick ways to put up my hair. Long hair is too friggin' hot
[CENTER][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6050_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6050_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6001_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6001_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #3
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I could probably live in huge t-shirts and panties for the summer... If I didn't have to leave home, that is. Not a lot of neighbors out here, so big t-shirts are fine for walking the dog, but not going into town.

So I'm into summer dresses instead! There's nothing more fun than walking around in a cute, comfy dress and a pair of sandals while everyone else is sweating in their t-shirts. Bwahahaha. Sorry guys, but shorts just can't top feeling the breeze under your skirt. :P

Other must-haves:

Bikini

Scrunchies! The hair, you know... Besides, I can make them to match my outfit.

A pair of jeans for forest walks.

My strappy awesome half-shoes-half-sandals with heels.

My leather coat. If nothing else, just to drive my mother insane.

Ribbons. For some reason, I have unlimited uses for ribbons during the summer. For my hair, as a belt, my water bottle...
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #4
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

1. tanks/halters

I wanted to try Bravissimo, they have built in underwire bras in their tanks, halters and tubes in your bra size.

2. I have one skort- but I would like more. Its perfect... a "mini skirt"/shorts

3. sandals with a 1 inch sole- casual

4. I don't have any shorts right- I have to get some. I also like overall shorts

5. sundresses, I'm also looking for these. I'm finiky when it comes to dresses, so I'm looking for some that fit my pesonality.

5. swimsuit: I have two bikini tops- underwire spaghetti strap halter and I like board shorts.

6. I too need sunglasses-
Old June 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #5
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

- Tees! Very important. I love the faux vintage ones, they're so thin and comfy.

- Laugh, but I wear jeans year round. I swear the flared ones act like mini aircons, if they're big.

- Flipflops. I have two pairs, brown RocketDog Reflex's, that enabled Enit and Peg, and a new pair of black Tevas. Can't live without them.

- A few kneelength cotton skirts.

- That's pretty much it.
Old June 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Jennerosity
Untouched Beauty

Great thread topic!

Ok, my summer staples . . .

- tank tops with built in shelf bras (which I need more of since my current stock is a bit old and worn)
- wrap around skirt, perfect for throwing on over a bathing suit when I'm hanging out with friends
- a cute little summer dress
- a light coloured cotton skirt (which I need to go find somewhere)
Jennerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #7
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I live in basically the same thing all year around. Summer is my least favorite season, btw...

Summer staples:
My suede Borne strappy sandals
Long sleeve black tee shirt
Short sleeve black tee shirt
Black tank top
My drab/olive green length-adjustable capris
My dark, long blue jeans

I'm pretty boring and I tend to stay inside once the temp starts rising.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #8
wavebaby
Dazzling Beauty

Not a summer lover here either. Actually, that's not true, summer is fine, it's the heat & humidity that I hate. Autumn is my all time favourite, or "sweater weather" as I call it.
wavebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #9
HairColoredHair
Natural Beauty

Summer (most hated season evar) staples:

Dress pants (lighter weight than jeans, I find)
Polos (work and play!)
My boots (for work... )
My ugly blank sandals everyone hates but me...
And anything that keeps my hair up!

Wait... that's my winter list too.. Well, minus the sandals...
HairColoredHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #10
texasgal
Natural Beauty

My summer staple that I can't live without are a cute khaki shorts, cute tank tops, & lots of cute flip flops(dressy & casual ones).
texasgal is offline   Reply With Quote