Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:24 AM   #1
Aglaiah
Untouched Beauty

Default hi and sugar scrub

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I cant really find a introducing topic so i just post here.

I have bad skin, the pores are rlly big and that cause a lot of spots, and such.

I really would like to try a sugar scrub is this just water with sugar?
And do you have any other recipies for masks and such?
Aglaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:32 AM   #2
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

This thread should help you out with sugar scrubs: http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/s...ead.php?t=1668

Other face masks - it depends on your skin type. My sister used to mix a little warm water with rolled oats to make it pastey, she'd spread it on and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then rinse it off. I tried it myself but thought it was too drying for my skin. Egg whites could be used the same way (another thing my sister used to do) but I have not tried that one. I like to mix honey with a tiny bit of milk, let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off. Plain yogurt too, or yogurt and honey. There are loads of things you can use but whether or not it will work for you depends on your skin type. Just like with commercial products, some things are better for dry skin and other things are better for oily skin etc.
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM   #3
jel
Enticing Beauty

I like the aspirin mask for improving oily, blemished skin.

Basically, just dissolve 2-4 (ordinary, not soluble type) aspirins in a couple of drops of water. Mix with 1/2 teaspoon honey (healing) or aloe vera gel (calming) and apply. Rinse after 5-15 mins, gently scrubbing the aspirin mixture off the skin.
[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]20"/46"/46"cl[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM   #4
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

I use sugar (or salt) in oil for a scrub. (the oil keeps the sugar from dissolving like it would in water)
I just used ordinary oil (like any cooking oil) or you can get fancier and use a nicer oil if you want. I was just doing it on my hands and feet, so I used corn oil. Yeah, I'm a big-spender, I know But it worked great!~

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM   #5
littlebabywulf
Untouched Beauty

I like to use brown sugar in aloe gel. It smells good and it tastes good if you get it in your mouth. Plus it makes my skin super soft.
littlebabywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM   #6
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

I've used conditioner and brown sugar on my scalp, and that works pretty well; maybe such a thing on the face would work? :shrug:

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Copperhead
Natural Beauty

I have just been keeping a jar of brown sugar in my shower and I wet my face and rub some on. I thought it would be way too harsh, but I have never had any irritation. My face comes out smoother and softer than with any other products I have tried, both expensive and cheap.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #8
Aglaiah
Untouched Beauty

Thx for the replies! I tried just plain water with sugar and it left my skin very soft!

But i really have to try that with some aloe vera gel, because i absolutely adore the smell of aloe vera!
Aglaiah is offline   Reply With Quote