Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 5th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #21
Pegasus Marsters
Cultured Beauty

Low rise jeans. Please let's not let those vanish. I cant wear any trousers that arn't low rise. Long legs, skinny waist, curvy hips and a small but shapely butt ()... anything else just aint happening. Stuff does not fit my hips AND my waist at the same time. Srsly. Is not happening. That combined with my belly button piercing means if anything does ride up I look dreadful and end up with the piercing getting yanked.

At the moment I'm hoping stripes stick around. I love stripes. OMG! And long socks. If over-the-knee socks vanish I don't know what I'd do. And hi-top converse... I live in those things. I'd die without them.

The long shirt thing is also awesome... nothing beats the fact that I can now have a warm midrift! ^.^ That said I really hope that tanktops and camisoles stick around forever... I live in them even in winter. I can't stand having my arms covered.
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #22
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus Marsters
And long socks. If over-the-knee socks vanish I don't know what I'd do.

Same here! Whenever I see them in stores I buy at least 6 pairs. I wear them all year. I haven't seen any recently and mine are starting to show some wear and tear... I hope I won't have to resort to buying them all from Sock Dreams. Their socks are great, but more expensive.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #23
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

I just can't do the low rise pants. It doesn't work for my shape - I think I'm accenting the pooch! Now I don't want the mom jeans either but a "natural waist" jean in a comfort thigh fit works.
What I wish would stay around - the romantic lady like looks, pencil skirts, frilly blouses, even a nice tailored suit. Round toe thin heeled high heel shoe - I really don't like pointed toes - why would I want to look like I wear a size 9? (sorry if you are a size nine - small feet here - have been teased they look like cabbage patch doll feet) Jessica Simpson has a nice shoe line.
Panty hose - gasp I know - but it just finishes off a nice work out fit for me. I wouldn't mind seeing some more patterns in hose coming back in the fall.
True capris - not just below the knee button jeans, but nice tailored capris with a sleeveless polo - okay I admit I like Brooks Brothers!
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #24
girlcat36
Natural Beauty

Long flowy skirts
Cowboy, harness, Frye campus boots
Openwork crochet sweaters(much to my daughter's dismay!)
Long sleeve scoop neck shirts(why can't I find them anywear?)
Boot cut low(but NOT ultra-low) rise jeans
Gauzy embroidered tops
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #25
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

Stripes!
Also, long shirts (my boobs make my shirts rise up.)
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #26
snowbird
Raw Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee
what's an "ankle biter"? Are those the pants that cut off right at the ankle?

hehe, skinny pants (well, I always see them skinny) that cut off right at or right above the ankle.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #27
az_sweetie01
Untouched Beauty

Hmmm.....I like this question! I live in the long tops. Even though I'm short, my hips are proportionatley large so, it's nice to have something that makes it less noticable. Dark jeans, flats and anything with a retro flare are favorites of mine. Oh, and this thing with all the cool costumey jewelry
az_sweetie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #28
Starr
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbear
Also, long shirts (my boobs make my shirts rise up.)

I'm right there with you Snowbear, short tops just don't work for me.

I love low rise jeans, and I hope they never die, because there is no way I'd ever be able to get a pair of jeans to fit my waist and my hips/butt at the same time- at least not without paying some serious $$$.

Ballet flats are a mother's best friend- I can still look cute and stylish while chasing down my toddler. And as much as I love heels- they're just not practical for running after a kid.
Old February 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #29
Kae
Untouched Beauty

I love ballet flats

I love tights, too, and the trend for opaque tights means I can find all manner of colours and styles rather easily and cheaply, instead of having to find them all online which is what I usually do. So, I've been stocking up whilst I can
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #30
Islandgrrl
Enticing Beauty

Dansko clogs
Puffy vests/jackets
Chunky tunic sweaters
Long skirts
LEVIS (501s)

and of course, LONG HAIR!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' [B]don't[/B] say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=olive]"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Islandgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote