Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM   #11
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulci
Peggy E., you do have generous dogs! And that Delice de Cartier bottle is beautiful, very festive.

I know what you mean about the strong perfumes. My DH bought me a large bottle of Poison back in the 80s when we were dating, that stuff is horrid, a thick toxic cloud. Come to think of it, so many of the 80s perfumes were loud and horrid.

And I like patchouli too, I don't care if people say it reminds them of dirty hippies.

I like to be a dirty hippie, it makes me feel special. I love your hippie smiley.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:02 PM   #12
texasgal
Natural Beauty

I always wear Burberry of London.
texasgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:34 PM   #13
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal
I always wear Burberry of London.

I sampled Burberry Brit a couple weekends ago, is it the same? I liked it, it was very warm and fresh, but didn't last too long on me.
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 05:54 AM   #14
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

My grandma used to wear White Shoulders
I have two scents I love but they are not perfume, rather body spray as perfumes give me a headache.
I like Cotton Candy and Raspberry in either Fantasy or Juice Bar. The website says perfume so maybe

http://www.parfumsdecoeur.com/body_fantasies_main.cfm
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #15
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Default Perfume

I wear perfume almost every day. I like smelling good not like me. I've never thought my natural scent was very nice. No one told me it wasn't, I just don't think it is. As a teen and college girl I wore Cachet all the time. I still wear it now and then but it doesn't smell as good as it used to. Now I tend to wear certain scents by season. I have summer and winter perfumes. Right now I like the Grace perfumes by Philosophy and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. I also like a Kate Spade but can't recall the name. In the winter I like Ralph Lauren's Romance. Every now and then someone will tell me they like my perfume so I guess it smells good. When I am trying out a new one, I try it on and wear it several times before purchasing. Some things are really awful on me and smell great on someone else. Our own body chemistrys make such a difference.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #16
jessie58
Tranquil Beauty

Yup ain't that the truth about body chemistry. There is a man and wife who own the glasses place that all our family goes to and at Christmas time they hugged me, the man smelled so good I kept hugging him and smelling him and finally I asked him what he was wearing. I drove home smelling his cologne on my cheek and although I usually hate scents I was driven mad by this one, I loved it so much. I tried to buy some for DH but it was not available in Canada. So the man who owns the glasses place brought some back for DH on his next buying trip to Italy and when DH puts it on, he smells like he's wearing a cheap drugstore, stinky junk. I was so disappointed.
jessie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #17
silencepainter
Untouched Beauty

My mom always wore 360 degrees when I was growing up, and there was one other she wore a lot of.

I want a small collection of scents I wear regularly based on moods. I've been trying out BPAL. So far my favorites are Hunger, Desire, and Crossroads.

A long time ago Oil of Olay made these soaps and body sprays called Ohm or something, and oen scent was Jasmine Rose, and it smelled perfect on me. I wish I could find something like it.

For the longest time I didn't think my boyfriend cared if I wore perfume or not. I felt like he was just humoring me when I asked him to sniff my wrist and tell me if he liked a scent or not. Then one day recently he was asking me to dress up because he was planning an evening out and asked if I still had any of my perfume. Silly boy.
silencepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #18
shella
Untouched Beauty

I definitely have a signature scent, Happy Heart by Clinique.

It's the only one I'll wear. Loved it since I first smelled it 5 or so years ago (or whenever it came out). Just one little spray is all it takes though.
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #19
Abanilla_Surfer
Dazzling Beauty

I buy a new (small) bottle each spring and autumn. I rarely buy the same perfume twice. I like light, fresh fragrances for spring/summer and a richer, more sensual scent for autumn/winter. Some of the cheap drugstore scents work really well for me with the spring purchase but I find it is worth spending a bit more money for the autumn one. So far my favourites are Opium, Chanel mademoiselle and no. 5 for autumn and this spring I'm wearing PUIG - depende...del azul del cielo.

I don't like anything that smells like food on me, although on others it can be lovely. Strong scents normally make me sneeze so I never spend too long in the perfume department (or the ailse in the supermarket with washing powders! )
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #20
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I used to have a signature scent but have discovered that this company is owned by another I don't like so I'm trying out a few scents atm. I think it's going to be Dream by Anna Sui
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote