Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #1
saracuda
Sparkling Beauty

Default Bras!

Since it's so hard to find a really great bra, I was wondering what everybody's favorite bra brands are! I like Victoria's Secret, but I don't buy them often. What kind do you like best?
saracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I think Felina is my favorite, but I only buy it if it is on sale (and I'm in love with that particular bra - happened only once) or I find them at Ross for less than $10 - when I did this week! :happy dance:
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #3
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

In New York a few weeks ago, I went to H&M, and was surprised to find that their bras are really comfy. I also like Felina's with modal, and VS.
...I just like having insane cleavage.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #4
saracuda
Sparkling Beauty

Thanks, "Bear Ladies!" Truthfully, I've never heard of either of those brands. I wonder if I can find them on eBay. Oh, wait, stupid question. You can find anything on eBay!
saracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #5
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Actually, you can't find everyting on ebay. I've been hoping to find broccoli seed oil there and it is never there!

/hijack

I hate bras. Hate them with a burning passion. For the last 10 months, I've lived in Playtex and Motherhood nursing bras, which are functional but that's it.

Bra shopping usually brings me to tears. Either that or blind rage. My girls are two very different sizes, and it is impossible to find a bra that is 36C on the left and 36A on the right. I will never find a bra that fits properly. Either I spill out of one side, or the other side gapes or puckers. I can't wear anything but pushup bras, because they're the only thing I can wear that looks half decent, since the padding gives me the illusion of having boobs that are roughly the same size.

Gah... I am not looking forward to the big post-weaning bra shopping trip. I might require therapy, or at least copious amounts of alcohol afterward
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #6
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by saracuda
Thanks, "Bear Ladies!"
That made me giggle.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #7
Caldonia Sun
Natural Beauty

I would agree that it is one of the most horrid of all shopping necessities! I have one Olga that I've had for several years that actually fits well. Also, some Warners models fit, but not all. I refuse to wear VS because their ads are very offensive to me. And I hate underwires!
Caldonia Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #8
Teacherbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by saracuda
Thanks, "Bear Ladies!"

<giggling> We are beary glad to help!

I went to a foundations store and got fitted. That's where I first tried on a Felina. I really liked it. The foundations store I went to was an independently owned store, nothing like VS or the department stores. The lady who fitted me looked like she'd been doing it for yeaaaaarrrrrs!

I highly recommend going to such a store to get fitted, especially if you've "never found one that fit".
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #9
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I agree TB, getting fitted is the best thing to do. So many women wear the wrong sized bra. I like Vassarette, which is hard to find. Olga fits fairly well, I normally buy my bras from Penney's. I can't remember the name of the one I'm wearing, but I got two of them at Ross's for less than $5 apiece. The regular retail price tag on them was $29. I love shopping at Ross!
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #10
Teacherbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
I love shopping at Ross!

So Justy, when are *we* going to go shopping together?! I love Ross/Marshall's/TJMaxx, too! I think we'll have to take Carolyn and some others with us, too! Paaaarty!