Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #11
lizzernog
Raw Beauty

I'm with HairColoredHair. I love bellbottoms and big bell sleeves. I also love the Bohemian skirts and hippy tops etc. which I got into a year before they were fashionable. Fancy that, I wore them and my school scoffed at me but when I came back form vacation one year everyone had them!
lizzernog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #12
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

Well long hair - which I do

And- not really a wear-
When I was young( grade school), hippy beads in the door ways were "in"- I loved the jeweled tones

I had a waterbed forever that I loved and still do

lava lamps
bean bag chairs

Last edited by summer-time : June 24th, 2006 at 03:08 PM.
summer-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #13
Koala Kim
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairColoredHair
I'm such a hippie... I love bell-bottom (pants or sleeves, for that matter). Nothing makes me feel quite as femme as big, draped sleeves that I can swoosh around the air.
Woohoo! I'm with you! <where's my 'nanner when I need him?>
I *loved* my bell bottoms. The only thing better than a pair of bells were the elephant ears (really big bells for you young'uns).
Koala Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #14
Speedbump
Untouched Beauty

Truth? I hated all the clothes from the 70s and 80s that I remember. Really!

What I actually like are some of the reinterpretations of them I see in more basic shapes. I honestly cannot wear those big tunics with loud prints, the crocheted everything, the giant bell bottoms, nor the "skinny jeans", the stirrup pants...none of it looks good on me.

The bootcut pants and a V-neck t-shirt in a solid color look great on me, and that's the style I like. I also love all of the great sandals that are out right now. I almost feel like I should buy about 20 pairs of pants and 100 T-shirts NOW, because the last couple of years have been so good to me as far as clothes. I don't care if I'm in or not! I just know in two more years there will once again be NOTHING I can wear.

But yeah, brown paisley shirts with giant collars and stirrup pants and football player shoulder pads?

Speedy
Speedbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #15
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll repost it here:

I still like these and would wear them again:
platform shoes; some leggings (if my thighs aren't too huge); high (or at least mid) rise jeans; I'm still trying to decide, but I liked "cigarette" pants in the 80s; Bell bottom jeans (unless the bell is so huge it wraps around the other leg when you walk rapidly); Earth Shoes; Farah-hair!;

There are some styles that I love, but I can't think of what they are called:

The "shape" of the little black dress - it is fitted and it is sleeveless, the skirt hits above the knee

Rats, that's all I can think of right now . . . I'm sure I'll think of more.
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #16
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I am also an old hippie and I love bell bottoms (not too big) , beads, bohemian skirts and blouses, leather slides for the hair, etc. I use to wear elephant ears too KK
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #17
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

My dad and step mother were hippies as well as my aunt, they all wore hip huggers, had long hair(s- mom still does) and my dad wore head bands-

Unfortunately my aunt has given over to the havetocutmyhairbecauseImtoooldnow brigade
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #18
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Medieval Fashion

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #19
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Victorian corsets.I wish they come to India and i can wear them someday!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=sienna] [url=http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=43][U][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Earthy skincare[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/url]:calm: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]1b/M/iii Black hair with red highlights in sun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Coneless convert, Herb washer, henna addict.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]Skin type will soon be up..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][COLOR=darkgreen]Dry skin brushing and aloe gel addict[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][COLOR=black](Avatar-the famous Afghani girl by National geographic)[/COLOR][/I]
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #20
florenonite
Alluring Beauty

Flared jeans, Birkenstocks, long hair (which I haven't got yet, but will soon xD).
"Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-Pierre Elliot Trudeau

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"It's so easy to laugh[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it's so easy to hate[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it takes strength to be gentle and kind"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[LEFT][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-The Smiths "I Know it's Over"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
florenonite is offline   Reply With Quote