Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #1
SueBee
Untouched Beauty

Default Small-busted 30D???

I am very small-busted; always assumed I am an A-cup.
Am so sick&tired of bras that in one way or another do not fit. I have 32A's that spill out back-fat and the front looks bumpy and ridiculous under a t-shirt. I have various sizes, that sit in a big basket and none of them fit.
Anyway, today I went to a reputable bra-fitter in my town, and she told me I am a 30D. I told her D-cup is a very large breast, isn't it???
She said a 32D would be, but she was sure that I need 30D.
Just wondering if any of you guys might be familiar with a 30D, maybe you can tell me what you think.
Thank you.
SueBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #2
device
Dazzling Beauty

The cup size is just based on how many inches larger than the rib measurement your bust measurement is (or something like that). So the cup on a 32 C is a different size than the cup on a 34 C, and the 34 C is actually a larger cup than the 32 C. (Which is why sometimes a 36 B would fit me better than a 34 C, but I could never wear a 34 B or a 36 C.)

Still, a 30 D would be approximately equivalent to a 32 B, not a 32 A...

I think...
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #3
girlcat36
Natural Beauty

All I have to add is 34A--too big, 32 B--sometimes too small. Never heard of a 30D!
[U][COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.meez.com/girlcat36"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user/4/3/3/6/7/0/4/4336704_bodyshot_175x233_1203191288389.gif[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/U]
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #4
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

I wear a 30DD, and I don't think my boobs are all that big. The band size and cup size are proportional - a 30D cup size is smaller than a 32D cup size, which is smaller than a 34D, which is smaller than 36D, and so on. A 30D would be (well, should be anyway) equivalent to a 32C, or a 34B. The general rule of thumb is if you go down a band size, you go up a cup size.

Did the store have any 30D bras that you could try on?
wonderlywroughte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Koala Kim
Captivating Beauty

Wonderly- do you order your bras? Or are you able to find them at a local store?
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #6
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

I order them online. I think I would die from happiness and then shock at the price if I were to find them in a store!

I do admit though that I haven't looked very much, either. I've only ever looked in department stores, and the smallest band size anyone seems to carry is a 32.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Koala Kim
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlywroughte
I order them online. I think I would die from happiness and then shock at the price if I were to find them in a store!

I do admit though that I haven't looked very much, either. I've only ever looked in department stores, and the smallest band size anyone seems to carry is a 32.
I don't understand why stores don't carry more sizes. Not everyone is a 36c.

Can you post the link?

For the record- not sure what size I am anymore.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #8
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

I've bought from figleaves.com before, which is nice because they have a lovely return policy. I've also gotten a few from amazon, which is also nice because sometimes they have styles/colors on clearance. The only problem with that, is that usually you can't return those. Mostly though, I get them off of ebay. I know some people might be weirded out by that, but I am not and so I buy them from there. I get most of them from UK sellers, because it seems like more companies there make smaller band sizes/larger cups than US companies do, so you can sometimes get really good prices.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #9
Koala Kim
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlywroughte
I've bought from figleaves.com before, which is nice because they have a lovely return policy. I've also gotten a few from amazon, which is also nice because sometimes they have styles/colors on clearance. The only problem with that, is that usually you can't return those. Mostly though, I get them off of ebay. I know some people might be weirded out by that, but I am not and so I buy them from there. I get most of them from UK sellers, because it seems like more companies there make smaller band sizes/larger cups than US companies do, so you can sometimes get really good prices.
Thanks!

Interesting to know about the UK bras. For a bra to fit me, I usually have to get the demi version. Maybe I should check out some UK sellers.
*After* the eBay strike. I have already told Hubbs no buying this week.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Kirin
Sparkling Beauty

my whole life i took a best guess scenario on a bra size, choosing what seemed to fit, a 36C. I've considered myself, among my peers and friends and other mothers, almost non existant chestwise. Yeah i know...... you have to see my friends and neighbors to understand!

Anyway, recently i got fitted finally for the first time in my life, and found out I'm a 38 D. A d? me? Your kidding. So i tried one on in the size told to me was correct........ and voila, the girls were where they were supposed to be, and no back fat rolls.

Amazing
Kirin is offline   Reply With Quote