Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 8th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #1
adencott
Untouched Beauty

Default How much money should i spend on makeup?

I am 17 years old and i would like to start wearing some makeup, but I dont want to spend tons of money but i still want good makeup so it wont look like princess makeup for little kids. Some makeup tips? And where should I buy?
adencott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #2
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I'd go and have a look at some youtube videos and the cost would depend on where in the world you are.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #3
MidwestSoaper
Untouched Beauty

Have you talked to your mom? When I first started wearing makeup, mine was very helpful and supportive and gave me many tips.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I would suggest mid priced makeup like Cover Girl, Revlon and Loreal. Choose wisely, start with soft, neutral colours until you get the hang of applying it, then start branching out into brighter colours and trying new products.

Go slow, only buy what you know you will love and wear all the time. Don't buy something just because the magazines and TV shows say you should. Use what works for you, your skin and colouring and lifestyle.

Buy cosmetics at stores that accept returns on opened cosmetics, like CVS, Walgreen's and so forth. That way, if the makeup piece you bought is terrible, looks like heck on you or whatever, you can return it, with your receipt and try something else.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

You could go to a department store for a make up session. You don't have to buy a lot or anything at all. You could learn a lot from that. Sephora is also a good place for make up help.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #6
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

And I'm just confused. You say you're 17, but on your age (below the avatar) it says "26". I can't reconcile that math...

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:18 AM   #7
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJaney
And I'm just confused. You say you're 17, but on your age (below the avatar) it says "26". I can't reconcile that math...

And most 17 year old males (according to your profile) don't wear makeup... and if they do, they know how to do it without looking like a princess.

That said, L'Oreal makes very good makeup. I can't use their lipstick because it has a funky fragrance that makes me nauseous, but other than that, it's good stuff.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM   #8
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

There's a german lady on Youtube, and I'm subscribed to her channel, and she does makeup info. Of course, it's probably a beyotch to understand just what she's saying if you don't speak German, but still... I laughed my head off when she did eyebrows and penciled hers in darkly and then said she was "eine Verwandterin von Bert" (a relative of Bert, that Sesame Street puppet)

I like her. She does nailpolish, too. She did some sort of stencil that was really cool on her nails, but I can't remember how she did it.

And yeah, I'm still trying to do the math. And didn't even catch the whole gender thing.

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Abbot
Adonis

Cut your cloth according to your cloth.
I hope that you have got my meaning.
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM   #10
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~