Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #1
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

Default Summer Makeup?

I've decided that this summer I'm going to get my skin good enough so that I can go base-less, which will prevent me from melting. I figure eyeliner, lip balm, and an eyelash curler will be my basic makeup.

What about you? Are you planning on keeping up with the full regalia, or toning it down for summer?
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #2
wavebaby
Dazzling Beauty

I never wear base, or foundation anyway. Last time i did was my wedding 9 years ago. No matter how light the formula, i can always 'feel' it. i bet once you get used to it, you'll like the fresh-faced feeling .
wavebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #3
SpiralingWaves
Sparkling Beauty

I wear MMU which is pretty quick and easy, but for the summer, I will wear a light coating of it and buff it in really well. Also sweep my blush color over my eyes and use mascara. Lip balm/gloss is in my handbag to use when I head out. Otherwise, I don't get much primping time as it is. I have a toddler who keeps me on the go!

[FONT="Courier New"][I][SIZE="3"]Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us or we find it not. [/SIZE][/I][/FONT] [I]~Ralph Waldo Emerson[/I]:flower:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][I][URL="http://cg-creations.livejournal.com/"]My Creative Journal[/URL][/I][/FONT]

Last edited by SpiralingWaves : June 14th, 2006 at 08:42 PM. Reason: grammer
SpiralingWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #4
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

My summer makeup IS my makeup. I pencil-in my eyebrows (they're sparse and light-colored) with an eyeliner-type pencil and then brush most of that away. Then I apply powder blush, lipstick, eyeshadow (both eyes at once, using the pads of my pinky-fingers) and mascara and I'm ready to roll. Takes me about 2 minutes, start-to-finish. IF I have a blemish (and, Lord help me, I still get them at forty-two. I never dreamed I'd still get the occasional pimple 25 years post-highschool, but we do. That's a little fact that somebody should have WARNED me about!) Anyhow, IF I have a blemish, I have a concealer-stick and face-powder to set the color just there on the blemish and surrounding 1/2" circle of skin.

And occasionally (when I want to get fancy and dressed-up) I will do eyeliner. It's been kinda running on me (raccoon eyes) lately and I just haven't found the strength (willpower) to go find me another one that works. I plan to go on the eyeliner-thread's recommendation with that pen-type, Maybelline's LinerMatic (I think that's the name) with the blue tube and gold lid.

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #5
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I wear mineral makeup everyday all year long and I really like SPF and UVA and UVB protection it provides. For the summer I like to bronze it up a bit, not too much though. I still do the eyes, cheeks and brows and wear mascara I feel naked without it. For my lips I make my own lip balm and dip that into my MMU cheek color. I also sweep my cheek color over my lids. It takes me about 3 minutes to do my face.
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #6
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I probably wear a bit less makeup in the summer (can't be bothered with eyeshadow and such), but I usually use MMU when I'm going somewhere. It doesn't melt or make me itchy, and I like having sunscreen on. I'll usually use lip balm or gloss in the summer too, escpecially with the heat and sun drying my lips out. And I do my brows if I wear makeup.
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #7
Buddaphlyy
Banned

I actually wear more makeup in the summer, but it's very sheer so most people assume I'm au naturale. I wear gel eyeliner, waterproof mascara, 2 blushes, bronzer, lip balm and lip gloss.
Buddaphlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #8
wonderlywroughte
Natural Beauty

I usually wear a coating of mineral makeup and lip gloss and that's it. If i'm feeling dressy...eyeshadow and eyeliner. I don't usually need mascara because my lashes are dark, but sometimes I do wear some thickening mascara.
wonderlywroughte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #9
Juliet's Silk
Raw Beauty

I won't do something special for a summer makeup.
When I leave the house I have a base of selfmade MMU on my skin - I'm very pale and you see EVERY spot and everything on it, I really can't go without it. Then a bit of blush and on top of that a bit of lose poweder. Eyes only get a bit of mascara on the upper lashes.
If I feel playful and have more time on my hands I add a bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner. That's about it. Nothing on my lips, I hate the feeling of coated lips and tend to lick my lips until everything comes off. So that's just a waste of time for me (although I do have some very lovely lipglosses).
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #10
cichlid
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavebaby
I never wear base, or foundation anyway. Last time i did was my wedding 9 years ago. No matter how light the formula, i can always 'feel' it. i bet once you get used to it, you'll like the fresh-faced feeling .
I wear foundation daily and I can feel it. I haven't gotten used to wearing it and I've been wearing it for years! I like having none on my face but what can you do when the skin underneath looks messed up from slight acne. I am trying to get my skin in good condition before I stop using it. I am young enough that I shouldn't be really needing it. Most people my age seem to have flawless skin in their face. A lot of the time I wonder if I am the only female in my town that has ever had pimples and blemishes.

I don't really have a set routine with my makeup. It's usually just what I feel like wearing and how I feel like wearing it.