Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1
florenonite
Alluring Beauty

Default Why do you wear makeup?

I'm a complete makeup virgin (I had to ask my sister to apply my makeup for my prom because I never wear it and would have messed it up) and don't really see any reason to wear any, so I ask those of you who do, why? What's the appeal of it? I'm just curious, because I've never really wanted to.
"Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-Pierre Elliot Trudeau

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"It's so easy to laugh[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it's so easy to hate[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it takes strength to be gentle and kind"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[LEFT][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-The Smiths "I Know it's Over"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
florenonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #2
curlsgirl
Radiant Beauty

I have never worn a lot of it myself but for me the reason I do wear it is because I have almost no eyebrows (what I have are very light) almost no eyelashes (same thing). My skin is pretty nice but I still feel like it looks better with a little foundation to even it out and a little blush for some color. I can't wear eye shadow so that's not an option and I NEVER spend much time on applying makeup. Tops if I am going out on a snazzy date is 10 minutes and it's usually more like 3.

If you would rather not, then don't wear it. No one says you must!
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #3
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

I wear foundation/powder to cover my extreme redness, and I darken my eyebrows and lashes to match my hair color, which is about 1000 shades darker and it just looks retarded. Sometimes I wear eye shadow to cover up visible veins in my lids (ew) I dont like to wear colored shadow, just natural shades, and I dont wear lipstick or anything.

I suppose part of it is because Im insecure, but I cant leave the house without my makeup. I just dont find myself attractive in the slightest. Even on days I dont really care and dont feel horribly unnattractive, I feel like I have to at least darken my brows because (gasp) what if someone found out I darken them? They would think me vain! (the very idea i Have these thoughts, of course, shows that I maybe am, a little bit)

I truly admire anyone who doesnt feel the need to wear makeup all the time. Maybe you just dont need it as much as some of us do, or maybe your just more accepting of your flaws.
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #4
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by florenonite
I had to ask my sister to apply my makeup for my prom because I never wear it and would have messed it up

Don't feel bad. I had to have my friend down the street (who was much, much younger than me) come over to do my make up. And I felt like a clown. She did a good job... I just don't like stuff of my face.

Not really in line with your questions... But, just wanted to throw that out there!
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Chamomile betty
Sparkling Beauty

Well, I grew up with a Mom and both Grandmothers wearing some kind of make up.
Also, I like the creative part of it. I can change my make up to suit the day, season, my mood, etc.

It's just fun, like hair
[/CENTER]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green][SIZE=2] [SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Chamomile betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Caldonia Sun
Natural Beauty

I never wore much, but at this age, my skin is a bit blotchy and MMU evens that out. I always wore a little blush and lipstick. They just make me look better
Caldonia Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #7
terriej
Raw Beauty

Because I have reddness in my face and blonde eyelashes and brows, I look like a really tall 10 year old when I don't have any on. Also, because, to be honest, I think it makes me prettier--it's okay to say that, right?
terriej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Islandgrrl
Enticing Beauty

Hmmm, I mostly don't wear makeup. The very little that I do wear (mascara & lip gloss), I wear just because I like it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' [B]don't[/B] say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=olive]"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Islandgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #9
Veronica
Sparkling Beauty

Well, I'm going to assume you mean day-to-day makeup, because I'm required to wear theatrical makeup when I'm performing.

For everyday makeup, I usually will wear a bit of silk powder on my forehead to cut thru the greasiness of my sunscreen (which I wear everyday) and blush and undereye concealer and some sort of lip balm so I look healthier. If I have a zit I'll cover that up. If I want to have eyelashes I'll wear mascara. That's for daily "don't ask me if I'm feeling alright" wear.

For fun I might add some shimmery color on my eyes and or cheeks. A bit of gold or copper on my lids is nice with my blue eyes. Depends on what the day holds.
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #10
Nightshade
Radiant Beauty

I wear a full face (mineral foundation, setting powder, blush, a few shades of eyeshadow, natural eyeliner and mascara and lipstick) every day.

To me, it's like painting. I get to change my face a bit to match my mood, to match what I'm wearing. I adore the book "Making Faces" by Kevin Aucion, and also the ones that came after that "Face Forward" and "The Art of Makeup."

I take a lot of artistic joy in doing my face, and also it makes me feel "ready." If I'm sick, I'll try to muster up the energy to put on some makeup, it always makes me feel better.

For instance, yesterday my face was all in creams and coppers to match what I was wearing. Soft natural warm colors.

Today I built my look around my black widow fork, and today have siver and white eyeshadow (darker in the crease) and kohl-lined eyes and dark russet lips. The link is actually to Kevin's site with some tips on how do do things. It's a shame he passed away a few years ago. Very talented and caring person.

Jokingly I refer to makeup as my war-paint
[URL="http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/GoalLength10-9-07.jpg"][COLOR=White]..................... [/COLOR][IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/NewSiggy.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/6-29-01Update.jpg"]
[/URL][URL="http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5131346"][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][IMG]http://www.amtrak.com/images/whistlestop/leaf-icon-test.gif[/IMG] NightBlooming Hairsticks & Jewelry [IMG]http://www.amtrak.com/images/whistlestop/leaf-icon-test.gif[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/URL]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Every item in my Etsy store has a tale waiting to be heard... go listen.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/SeeressKnight.jpg[/IMG]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote