Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #11
SpiralingWaves
Sparkling Beauty

I use SweetLeaf Stevia Plus. It has a glycemic index of 0, which means it does not effect blood sugar. Most other stevia brands have a glycemic index of 80 (according to the info on my box). I really like the taste, sweet, not bitter. I like to use it in flavored coffee.

[FONT="Courier New"][I][SIZE="3"]Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us or we find it not. [/SIZE][/I][/FONT] [I]~Ralph Waldo Emerson[/I]:flower:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][I][URL="http://cg-creations.livejournal.com/"]My Creative Journal[/URL][/I][/FONT]
SpiralingWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #12
loveyourself
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenKitty
I have Sweetleaf Stevia and Spectrum Liquid. I make Sassafrass Tea and Chai tea and use it to sweeten without calories

Oh please do share your sassafrass and chai tea recipes....they sound delicious!
loveyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #13
peripheralvisionary
Natural Beauty

Has anyone used stevia that isn't already processed? Someone gave me a stevia plant today and I was wondering if there was a way to use it directly from the plant. I tasted one of the leaves and it was very sweet! It didn't taste bad, but like all the other stevia products I've tried, it left a weird aftertaste.
[FONT=Bradley Hand ITC][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Don't forget the flowers at your feet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]Jeremy Bentham[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
peripheralvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:32 PM   #14
loveyourself
Untouched Beauty

Yes the plant is great, you can do so much with it. You can use the fresh stevia leaves with fresh mint and add them to water or sparkling water with lemon or lime wedges and this tastes great. You can dry the leaves and make homemade salad dressings, spaghetti sauce or brew the leaves in tea with other herbs and spices.
loveyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:39 PM   #15
peripheralvisionary
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyourself
Yes the plant is great, you can do so much with it. You can use the fresh stevia leaves with fresh mint and add them to water or sparkling water with lemon or lime wedges and this tastes great. You can dry the leaves and make homemade salad dressings, spaghetti sauce or brew the leaves in tea with other herbs and spices.
Thank you loveyourself! I can't wait to try some things with my new plant! I love growing things that are edible!!!
[FONT=Bradley Hand ITC][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Don't forget the flowers at your feet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]Jeremy Bentham[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
peripheralvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #16
Elenna
Raw Beauty

I use SweetLeaf Stevia mostly in my morning coffee and evening tea. I'm glad that this sweetener is available.
Elenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #17
Euphony
Enticing Beauty

I use SweetLeaf liquid in my tea. Unfortunately I like my tea pretty sweet and found if I use too much stevia it becomes a bit bitter so I mix my stevia with xylitol and love it. It tastes 'cleaner' than sweetening my tea with sugar.
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #18
narenner
Untouched Beauty

I'm excited to hear that everyone here seems to like the SweetLeaf brand of stevia. I've tried a few other brands too but definitely like the taste and the formula the best, especially since it has no calories, no carbs and no glycemic index. It also has a much wider variety of products like the flavored liquid sweeteners and the powdered packaged sweeteners. Definitely my favorite brand!!

Also, I found these videos on SweetLeaf and stevia while perusing YouTube if anyone wants to check them out for more info:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6wwMAe_Hi0k

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5ILDC5Cx_o
narenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #19
MrsGuther
Natural Beauty

I've tried stevia before. I don't really care for the taste of it. I would rather use sugar or *gasp* aspartame!! Hahah I know, I'm horrible!
MrsGuther is offline   Reply With Quote