Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #1
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Default I need a new comb! :(

I have lost my comb 5 days ago (at home!) and havent been able to comb my hair ever since..
I was thinking of getting a new one quickly since the fingercombing is really not doing the job and I dont think I will find my old comb soon..
But where from??
My old comb was very long and wide toothed..I like that. But since its hard to find this, a good horn comb would do the job too.
I remember a brand with a name like 'heavenly'?? read good things about it on LHC....

Ebay also offers a lot of horn combs from China but I dont think they are seamless or "made hairfriendly"..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Emi

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #2
AnimaSola3o4
Natural Beauty

How about this comb? It's what I use, and I love it to death. It's the Conair shower comb, its incredibly sturdy and durable. With nice wide set teeth and the seams are like inward (if that makes sense)

Photos:

Old February 9th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #3
BlondeInDisguise
Sparkling Beauty

The horn comb that you're thinking of is from www.heavenlyharvestinc.com. I have one from there. I like it in some ways, but my hair is really wimpy and breaks easily.

[CENTER][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=DarkOrange]Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
BlondeInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #4
angelthadiva
Enticing Beauty

I'd recommend a heavenlyharvest one, I love mine...I saw that you've been looking at Ebay--Don't get that jade handcarved one...I bought one, and only used it thrice and one of the teeth broke!!! I did like it a lot before that happened, but what can I do with it now?

I did find a very wide toothed hair rake w/a very comfortable handle on it at Sally's Beauty Supply, but it was plastic I do love it though.
[CENTER][COLOR=purple]I can resist anything but temptation! :innocent: [/COLOR][/CENTER]
angelthadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Emichiee
Dazzling Beauty

Hm the conair looks gentle..

Im confused about the 2 Opinions on the heavenly harvest comb I thought it was gentle..Im looking for as gentle as possible..cant afford any breakage..my lengths are thin and Im aiming for classic (almost there) ..need all the hairs down there hehe..

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Emichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #6
birthmarkie
Sparkling Beauty

I have a wide-toothed comb from Bath and Body Works - wood. It works well.
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #7
KnightsLady
Raw Beauty

I use Mason Pearson handmade combs and find they are good. Very well finished. However, they are plastic, not horn.
KnightsLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #8
BlondeInDisguise
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emichiee
Hm the conair looks gentle..

Im confused about the 2 Opinions on the heavenly harvest comb I thought it was gentle..Im looking for as gentle as possible..cant afford any breakage..my lengths are thin and Im aiming for classic (almost there) ..need all the hairs down there hehe..

Most people love the heavenly harvest horn comb. My hair is just in the process of getting toughened up. Take what I said with a grain of salt. If you get the comb, I am pretty sure you'll love it.

[CENTER][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=DarkOrange]Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
BlondeInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #9
ilovemycop
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthmarkie
I have a wide-toothed comb from Bath and Body Works - wood. It works well.

sorry quick hijack...did you buy that comb recently?I'm headed to the mall here tomorrow for pictures and I wanted to drop by and get that if its still around..

end hijack

*edited to fix spelling error*

[CENTER]:star:Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights :star:[/CENTER]

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=magenta]:frog:The LHC'er known as Patrycja :frog:[/COLOR][/CENTER]
ilovemycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #10
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

I would also suggest the Heavenly Harvest horn comb. I had no idea how nice it would be until I got one. I threw out my other combs. It is my precious.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote