Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1
browneyedsusan
natural beauty

Default Why is my eye makeup rebelling?

I've noticed recently that my eye makeup is sliding into my under-eye area, ruining all of the effort I've put into concealing the dark circles. I've tried to figure out if it's my eyeliner, mascara(waterproof), concealer, eyeshadow... but suspect it's a combination of products.

Does anybody out there have a good solution, or product line you've used? I'm 46, and have to go easy on the powder--it accentuates my little wrinkles. I'd love to look nice for niece's wedding in May, but don't want to go through a bunch of trial-and-error with products.

Thanks!
[COLOR=#a0522d]Hennaheaded[/COLOR]
browneyedsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Do you use a primer? I use my cream foundation (covergirl aquasmooth) but many companies make them. They help keep everything is place and from settling into lines.

Ive never had much issue with mascara i found lash discovery i forget the maker and thats been my go to since it came out. I have heavily creased eyes so its best i stick to gels like stila smudge pots for eyeliner though funny enough the 99cent store had these no name brand black pencils that are great! I always set my eyeliner with a matching powder just to be safe. Hope that helps

Nail Blog ~[url]http://polishedpisces.blogspot.com/~[/url]
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I second the primer recommendation. It's made a world of difference for me. I use MAC Painterly on my eye lids. It was my first MAC product and led me to becoming a MAC addict. For under eye, I use a Smashbox primer. I also set my concealer with powder applied with an eye shadow brush. I have a Bobbi Brown concealer compact that is awesome. The setting powder is included.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #4
kpzra
Untouched Beauty

Primer and gel eyeliner. After it has dried I've rubbed my eyes and the liner has not smudged at all.
kpzra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #5
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

I say try a primer.