Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #1
AnimaSola3o4
Natural Beauty

Default Scary dream...

Well, it didnt start out as a scary dream... but it ended up with someone cutting my hair without my permission. They just started cutting and somehow I was forced to let them! They didn't cut it all off or anything, just evened it up and took off maybe 3 inches.

Weird, huh? I had a migraine yesterday evening and 4 extra strength tylenol later it was finally over... but then i was feeling all weird (maybe from the tylenol), and i kept kinda stumbling over my words and stuttering and I couldnt focus on anything! And the day before yesterday I felt really weird, kinda just numb and emotionless... so I dunno what's going on, but I'm better today so it's all good. But maybe the crazy dreams were related to my migraine or something.
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #2
curlsgirl
Radiant Beauty

EEK! Sometimes when I take Advil I get weird dreams and my friend that works in a pharmacy said that is a fairly common side effect. Glad your hair is still in tact!!!
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #3
Euphony
Enticing Beauty

Hmmm if that keeps up (how you are/were feeling - not the dream ) you might want to see a doctor.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Presto
Raw Beauty

Look up pro-dromal and post-dromal. With migraines you can have strange precursors and aftereffects. I yawn a lot the days I get migraines. And afterwards I feel chipper and refreshed. As a best case scenario these weird effects you had before and after is just this pro/post-dromal stuff. But seeing a doctor would be a good precaution.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #5
yuccalyptus
Untouched Beauty

I too had a recent dream where my hair was cut off. Maybe even just last night? The memory has faded so fast that it's hard to be sure. I ended up with a huge chunk of overly-short bangs, and the rest of my hair was cut to above my chin. Years of growth gone in just seconds.
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #6
Gemma
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaSola3o4
Weird, huh? I had a migraine yesterday evening and 4 extra strength tylenol later it was finally over... but then i was feeling all weird (maybe from the tylenol), and i kept kinda stumbling over my words and stuttering and I couldnt focus on anything! And the day before yesterday I felt really weird, kinda just numb and emotionless... so I dunno what's going on, but I'm better today so it's all good. But maybe the crazy dreams were related to my migraine or something.

Difficulty speaking and emotional changes are relatively normal side-effects of migraines. That said, if this is unusual for you and continues, you might want to see your doctor to reassess how you're handling your migraines.

I had a weird 'waking dream' the other day where I had this crystal clear image of me just grabbing my hair and chopping it all off with a knife. *shudder*
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:11 AM   #7
lavenderblue
Untouched Beauty

that's an awful dream!
I dreamt a while ago I cut some kind of bangs in my hair, they were short and I only kept a small piece of long hair in my neck, very very weird
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #8
AnimaSola3o4
Natural Beauty

Thank you everyone! I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess I did not.

I did look up the pro- and post- dromal stuff, that sounds a lot like what happened.

As far as migraines for me... well, I have only had a handful of them in my life... I remember the very first one though was when I was about 6 or 7, in the middle of the night. I was just bawling and crying and crying and my mom and grandma kept rushing to the bathroom to re-wet cold washcloths to put on my forehead all night long. Then I didn't get any more forever. I started to get the ocular migraines 'auras' and such... but didnt have the actual headache part. My doctor gave me Imitrex for the auras, and I took one when I was at school having the aura, and it GAVE me a true migraine. I never took another one.

And now I've only had maybe a few real migraines. This one felt like a migraine, but in reality it might've been a bad tension headache, cuz it wasn't really focused on one part of my head... but more like all over, and down into my neck. But I didn't think all the other symptoms happened with bad tension headaches, so I guess I don't know which type it was.

At any rate, I'm okay now. I have been just kinda out of it lately all around, and that's still lingering quite a bit... along with some neck pain and nausea, but it's not anything I can not live with.

It's weird though, 3 inches is what I've been considering cutting off for....ever. Because that's where my layers are grown out to, and I think sub-conciously I just want to be rid of them already! So maybe. Right now I can't cut my hair, I'm gonna be in a wedding in May, and we're doing updos. If I bring the scissors to my hair, I may end up messing it up and having to have more and more cut off or something. So I'm just waiting until after then to worry about it.
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #9
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

That's scary.