Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #61
Flying Betty
Untouched Beauty

I'm really sensitive to fragrances, so I avoid perfume at all costs. Lavender is one of the few things I can bear to have on my body, and I have a cologne stick that I wear on special occasions so I guess that would count.
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #62
Gemma
Dazzling Beauty

I absolutely love perfumes but I don't buy mainstream brands since they all smell the same to me. I buy from smaller boutiques who tend to use a plant/vegetable oil as their carrier instead of alcohol.

My all time favourite perfumer is Fabienne who runs www.possets.com. My perfume box is just full of her blends, and my all-time favourites are Madame X (a sweet, creamy, vanilla-musk blend), Frou-Frou (beautifully floral without being over-powering), and Silver Roses (sweetened true rose blooms).

If I had to choose just one as my 'signature scent' it would probably be Frou-Frou.
Gemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #63
Tapioca
Natural Beauty

Perfumes are a tad much for me. I get headaches. Fragrance oils work much better. My favorite right now is violet, although I love honeysuckle, too. A drop or two rubbed in right after my shower, and another drop added to my leave-in conditioner. I love it.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #64
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

Coconut Lime Verbena from bath & body works. I really like sandalwood, but only when it smells just right (none of the cheap stuff) so I rarely have it on hand. I looooove lavendar, but not on my body... Only linens.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #65
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

I'm with Tapioca, most perfumes are gross. The smell is usually overpowering and just smells bad even after it calms down a bit. I always get headaches being around people that wear heavy perfume.
I do, however, have a thing for body sprays and essential oil-type scents. I love anything vanilla scented or more fruity, as far as body sprays go, and I recently got some samples from the Goth Rosary website. The Tea and Sympathy scent might be my new favorite scent! It's more subtle than most scents andI absolutely love the fragrance.
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #66
Anje
Dazzling Beauty

I've thought that I would like a signature scent, but my husband is sensitive to many perfumes. (I'm the one who goes into the laundry detergent aisle at the store to retrieve the unscented stuff from that gauntlet!) He seems to be OK with my lavendar EO, though.

Do BPAL or Goth Rosary tend to bother perfume-sensitive folks? If not, I may need to try a few samples. No idea where I'd start with BPAL, though. In any case, I don't want to smell like flowers or food.

Last edited by Anje : February 15th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.
Anje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #67
Shell
Dazzling Beauty

My current signature scent is Prada Infusion d'Iris, but I'm also wearing Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile, Coco Madamoiselle, Frederic Malle Lys Mediteranee, and Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia. I used to wear Cartier Must de Jasmine before it was discontinued. I love Guerlain, Mitsouko is great, but not for everyday (for me), and I might buy a bottle of l'Instant Guerlain.
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #68
CryssieWillow
Untouched Beauty

If you are talking perfume it is Python by Trussardi
If you are talking scents in general it is everything flowery and herby.
CryssieWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #69
happylynngilmer
Serene Beauty

Quote:
Do BPAL or Goth Rosary tend to bother perfume-sensitive folks?

It depends on the smell. In general though, no. I love me some BPAL. My fav scent from Goth Rosary is Fairy Wings.

My signature scent is a perfume; Inis. It's very light and fragrant and reminds me of the sea without being salty.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #70
frannyg
Captivating Beauty

I've been wearing L'air du Temps by Nina Ricci since I was given it as a gift when I was 14. I've tried other fragrances, but L'air is very light and it doesn't enter the room before I do.

Usually these days, though I smell like the lavendar EO that I use for aromatherapy. I like that too.
[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/Hair/TBB_zpsd04fa98d.jpg[/IMG]
1a/f/ii ///18/28/36
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong--Mohandas Gandhi

[/CENTER]
frannyg is offline   Reply With Quote