Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #11
SueBee
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlywroughte
Did the store have any 30D bras that you could try on?
No, she did not have any. She said it would be very hard to find in stores. She said some stores might try to sell you a bigger band size if we cannot find the 30. She stressed, "Don't let them." S'pose that makes sense.
I tried Penney's, Herbergers, and Victoria's Secret. Nope. So I ordered one from the Breastform store where she fitted me.

Like I said earlier, I have a big pile of various sizes. I dug up one of my Victoria's Secret 32B balconet bras, still some back fat sticking out, but it fit much better than the blasted 32A. I have quite a small bust, but I'm wondering if the part of the breast that = back fat is still breast, and that gets somehow measured into the bra size.
I'd kill for true D boobies, but at this point I will just be happy with a bra that really fits.

Last edited by SueBee : February 18th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.
SueBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Arctic
Natural Beauty

This has been most informative thread, thanks all esp. wonderlywroughte (I hope I spelled that right). I have been on the lookout of new brasize too and this helps alot!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b0000][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]My public journals[/U][/B]:[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b0000][FONT=Book Antiqua]~[/FONT][URL="http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=67853"][FONT=Book Antiqua]Tales from the Arctic Circle[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] (TLHC)[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b0000][FONT=Book Antiqua]~[/FONT][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=64"][FONT=Book Antiqua]Tales from the Arctic Circle - Arctic Beauty[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] (TBB)[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b0000]:flower: :flower: :flower:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]-- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #13
Guenever
Natural Beauty

I need a 30D as well.. luckily I can buy them at a local store, but recently I've come to the conclusion that I might need DD/E -_- And for that I'll have to get my lazy butt online.. so.. sticking to my D for now..
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #14
darkwaves
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBee
Am so sick&tired of bras that in one way or another do not fit. I have 32A's that spill out back-fat and the front looks bumpy and ridiculous under a t-shirt.
From this, I'd say your fitter is right, and you need a bigger cup.

Try not to pay attention to the numbers. D, E, A, B -- it's all relative to band size. There is no such thing as a D cup in abstract, and it will vary with every band size. A 32 D is vastly different (far smaller!) than a 38 D.

I wouldn't expect a 30 D to look much different from a 32 B.
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM   #15
summer-time
Radiant Beauty

The reasn the fitter said not to go up in bands is because the bra will "ride up" in the back and you won't get the support you need, as well as the cup will be smaller.

A 30D is a D cup just like a 32D,34D etc. The D's are different but relative, band is circumference of the body, cup is out. A D cup on a 30 circumference is big just like a D on a 34, 36 etc is big.

If you do go up in band size don't go more than one, you can use the last hooks( farthest in the band) it won't ride up as much- should stay better.

30D is 32C or a 28 DD

Last edited by summer-time : February 21st, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
summer-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #16
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

im somwhere between a 32d and a 34d depending on how depressed ive been that particular month.(i tend to lose weight when im depressed expecially in the chest area) im wearing a 32d right now (depressed not eating enough)... i used to wear 34c bras but they never fit right. my breasts always look small to me....... just make sure you get a comfortable bra... i actually got myself fitted at a victorias secret near me and ended up buying the most comfortable bra ive ever owned. its a 34d..(i look like an a b cup i swear!).. its wireless and a pushup... at first i was upset at the cost but since i wear it most days i guess that im getting my moneys worth.
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #17
Starr
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlywroughte
I've bought from figleaves.com before, which is nice because they have a lovely return policy. I've also gotten a few from amazon, which is also nice because sometimes they have styles/colors on clearance. The only problem with that, is that usually you can't return those. Mostly though, I get them off of ebay. I know some people might be weirded out by that, but I am not and so I buy them from there. I get most of them from UK sellers, because it seems like more companies there make smaller band sizes/larger cups than US companies do, so you can sometimes get really good prices.

Wonderly, I LOVE figleaves.com, I also have an impossible bra size to find in stores (34DD) and they have such a great selection.

It's so unfortunate that some many stores refuse to carry any of the less common sizes and it's even more unfortunate that so many women are walking around wearing the wrong size because of it. . .
Old February 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #18
snowbear
Cultured Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr
...I also have an impossible bra size to find in stores (34DD) and they have such a great selection.

Really? I've found a lot of 34DD's available in stores. (I'm a 34DD/36D)
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #19
KiwiLiz
Untouched Beauty

I'm also a 30 or 8(NZ & AUS sizing) D, my measurements are 25 undermy bust and 30 over my bust -according to online measurement charts that means I'm a 30 A, but that doesn't fit and when I was fitted by a person they said I am a 30 D.
Cup sizes are all about proportions, comparatively 30 D is not big (the most common bra size is 34 D, so I guess comparatively I'm a B cup?) but proportionately it is.

30/8 D is a frustratingly hard size to find, several stores have started stocking 30/8 AA and A... so it's like bra manufacturers are finally admiting that small women do exist... but they can't get their head around the fact that we actually have largish breasts too. The only brand I can find that has 30/8s is Fayer form and Elle Macpherson, and only Bendon stores (other stores stock those brands but not in size 30/8), those both happen to be rather expensive brands though, outlet stores are good for 30/8s. Bras n things have a few 30/8s too, if you're in Australia or New Zealand, I think bendon may only be in NZ and Aus too...

I have a lot of 32/10 C size bras, they're the right cup sizes but wrong band size, I couldn't believe the difference when I finally found some 30/8s they fit sooo much better. I can't believe I wore the wrong uncomfortable size for years!
KiwiLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #20
Chamomile betty
Sparkling Beauty

I am glad I stumbled into this thread.
I am not very big however my cup is a DD. Sometimes a 36 is just too large in which I noticed in my previous bras and went looking.
Now, sometimes I can find a 34 DD but it's rare.

I'll check out that site that's listed. It's good to know there are others out there with bra needs too
[/CENTER]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Green][SIZE=2] [SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Chamomile betty is offline   Reply With Quote